Inspector Legal Jobs in Punjab Police (Specialist Cadre)
Punjab Police has requested Punjab Public Service Commission (PPSC) to recruit 318 suitable candidates against vacant seats of Inspector Legal (Specialist Cadre) in Basic Scale - 16.
Those who possess degree of LLB will have great chance to start career in government sector. This is an excellent chance to prosper and blossom. Previously, these posts were advertised by PPSC in 2014 and exam was held in 2015.
Here is brief discussion about Inspector Legal (Specialist Cadre) in Punjab Police Department.
Post Title: Inspector Legal Specialist Cadre
Basic Pay Scale: 16
Place of Posting: Anywhere in Punjab
As per Punjab Police DepartmentInspector Legal Service Rules, 2013 (amended from time to time) based on Punjab Police Service Rules 1934, the minimum qualification required for the posts of Basic Scale 16, is as under:
Law Graduate (2nd Division) from a recognized University.
Minimum Experience: Nil
Age: 18 to 32 years for general candidates and 18 to 35 for in service candidates
Gender: Male, Female
Domicile Eligibility: Only Punjab domiciled candidates can apply.
For Male: 5 feet 5 inches (32 by 33.5 Chest)
For Female: 5 feet 2 inches
6/9 Vision in each eye with or without glasses. Near vision not less than J-I (Medical term)
Syllabus for Written Examination / Test
In Exam conducted in year 2015, 06 papers were held by PPSC with following bifurcation:
- English Essay - 100 marks
- Urdu Essay - 100 marks
- General Knowledge - 100 marks
- Pakistan & Islamic Studies - 100 marks
- Pakistan Penal Code and Criminal Procedure Code - 100 marks
- Qanun e Shahdat 1984 & Local & Special Law - 100 marks
The successful candidates in written part were called for interview which consisted of Viva Vice and Psychological Assessment of 150 marks (Just like Tehsildars, Sub Inspectors and PMS)
Special Law includes;
- Maintenance of Public Order Ordinance, 1980.
- Regulation and Control of Loudspeaker and Sound Amplifiers Ordinance, 1965.
- Pakistan Arms Ordinance, 1965.
- Motor Vehicles Ordinance, 1965.
- Indecent Advertisement Prohibition Act, 1963.
- Punjab Wildlife Act, 1974.
- Punjab Gambling Act.
- Pakistan Environment Protection Ordinance, 1983.
- Motion Pictures Ordinance, 1979.
- Explosive Act, 1884.
- Agriculture Pesticides Control Act, 1960.
- Child Marriage Restraint Act, 1929.
Salary of Inspector Legal Specialist Cadre
Salary of Inspector Legal Specialist Cadre is equal to Basic Pay Scale 16 along with allowances as admissible to other Punjab Government Employees.
Job Description of Inspector Legal Specialist Cadre
Inspector Legal Specialist Cadre will perform the following duties:
- Prepare case for submission to the court on the basis of evidence available by Investigation.
- Defend the case before the courts.
- Legal matters of the area of jurisdiction.
- No role in investigation. The investigation branch forwards the case to legal branch for its submission in court.
Promotion Prospects of Inspector Legal Specialist Cadre
As per Punjab Police Department Inspector Legal Service Rules, 2013 (amended from time to time) based on Punjab Police Service Rules 1934, the promotion chances for Inspector Legal Specialist Cadre are very few, however, the Department is trying to get the service rules amended and provide promotion chances to this cadre.