Assistant District Attorney Jobs | Exam, Salary & Promotion Scope
Reportedly, Law & Parliamentary Affairs Department, Government of the Punjab is about to request the Punjab Public Service Commission (PPSC) to start process of recruitment of suitable candidates against the 90 posts of Assistant District Attorney.
It is an opportunity for LLM or LLB degree holders to start their career in a government department.
Here is brief discussion about Assistant District Attorney jobs in Law & Parliamentary Affairs Department of Punjab Government.
Job Title: Assistant District Attorney
Basic Pay Scale: 17
Place of Posting: Anywhere in Punjab
As per District Law Officers Service Rules, 2010 the minimum qualification required for the posts of Assistant District Attorney BS-17, is as under:
- LLM or equivalent qualification from a Recognized University by HEC and two years active practice as an Advocate; or
- LLB (with 50% aggregate marks) or equivalent qualification from a Recognized University by HEC and four years active practice as an Advocate.
Minimum Experience: 02 years for LLM and 04 years for LLB.
Age: Male 28 to 35+5 years and Female 28 to 35+8 years.
Gender: Male, Female & Transgender
Domicile Eligibility: Only Punjab domiciled candidates can apply.
Syllabus for Written Examination / Test
- Paper-I (Advocacy & Pleading Skills) Subjective & Objective (100 Marks)
- Paper-II (Constitutional & Administrative Law) Subjective & Objective (100 Marks)
- Civil Laws Subjective & Objective (100 Marks)
- Psychological & Viva Voce (100 Marks)
Salary of Assistant District Attorney
Salary of Assistant District Attorney is equal to Basic Pay Scale 17 along with allowances as admissible to other Punjab Government Employees. An estimated salary of fresh Assistant District Attorney may be as follow:
Basic Pay: 30,370
House Rent Allowance (large city): 6,649
Conveyance Allowance: 5,000
Medical Allowance: 1,500
Adhoc Relief Allowances 2016-2019: 11,655
Special Allowance: 14500
Total Estimated Salary: 69,674
Assistant District Attorney will perform the following duties:
- Assist the Court on cases.
- Represent the State in cases.
Promotion / Career Scope
Step 1: Assistant District Attorney is eligible for promotion as Deputy District Attorney in Grade 18 on seniority cum fitness basis.
Step 2: Deputy District Attorney, Grade 18, is eligible for promotion as District Attorney in Grade 19 upon completion of 10 weeks training at MPDD.