Assistant District Attorney Jobs | Exam, Salary & Promotion Scope
On requisition of Law & Parliamentary Affairs Department, Government of the Punjab, the Punjab Public Service Commission (PPSC) has started process of recruitment of suitable candidates against the 59 posts of Assistant District Attorney (ADA) vide PPSC's Advertisement No.05/2021 published in Daily Express on 17.03.2021.
It is an opportunity for LLM or LLB degree holders to start their career in a government department.
Here is brief discussion about Assistant District Attorney jobs in Law & Parliamentary Affairs Department of Punjab Government.
Job Title: Assistant District Attorney (ADA)
Basic Pay Scale: 17
Total Posts: 59 (open merit 26, minority quota 03, special person quota 06 and women quota 24)
Place of Posting: Anywhere in Punjab
As per District Law Officers Service Rules, 2010 the minimum qualification required for the posts of Assistant District Attorney BS-17, is as under:
- LLM or equivalent qualification from a recognized university by HEC and two years active practice as an Advocate; or
- LLB (with 50% aggregate marks) or equivalent qualification from a recognized university by HEC and four years active practice as an Advocate.
Note: The experience of active practice after being enrolled as advocate by Punjab Bar Council. Serving civil servantsw are not eligible.
Minimum Experience: 02 years for LLM and 04 years for LLB.
Gender: Male, Female & Transgender
Domicile Eligibility: Only Punjab domiciled candidates can apply.
Age: Male 28 to 35+5 years and Female 28 to 35+8 years.
NOTE: The cut-off date to determine the age shall be the 1st January 2021, however all the other conditions for eligibility will be determined on or before the closing date for receipt of application. Candidates will produce the original certificates at the time of Psychological Assessment and Interview to authenticate their claim in the application form.
ADA Syllabus for Written Examination / Test
- Paper-I (Advocacy & Pleading Skills) Subjective & Objective (100 Marks)
- Paper-II (Constitutional & Administrative Law) Subjective & Objective (100 Marks)
- Civil Laws Subjective & Objective (100 Marks)
- Psychological & Viva Voce (100 Marks)
How to Apply
To apply for one of these ADA Jobs, follow the steps given below:
- Deposit Rs.1000/- under Head: "C02101- ORGANIZATIONS OF STATE-TEST FEE REALIZED BY THE PUNJAB PUBLIC SERVICE COMMISSION", in any Branch of State Bank of Pakistan or National Bank of Pakistan or Government Treasury on or before the closing date.
- No Bank Draft or Pay Order or Cheque or any such instrument is accepted.
- Applicants residing outside Pakistan, but having Domicile of the Punjab can deposit the fee at the Pakistani Embassy of residing country in the currency of that country equivalent to the amount of Application/ Test Fee prescribed for the post.
- Special persons are not required to deposit application fee.
- Applicants are required to submit "Online Application Form" at PPSC website.
Assistant District Attorney Salary
Salary of Assistant District Attorney is equal to Basic Pay Scale 17 along with allowances as admissible to other Punjab Government Employees. An estimated salary of fresh Assistant District Attorney may be as follow:
Basic Pay: Rs.30,370
House Rent Allowance (large city): Rs.6,649
Conveyance Allowance: Rs.5,000
Medical Allowance: Rs.1,500
Adhoc Relief Allowances 2016-2019: Rs.11,655
Special Allowance: Rs.15000
Total Estimated Salary: Rs.70,174
Assistant District Attorney Job Description
Assistant District Attorney will perform the following duties:
- Assist the Court on cases.
- Represent the State in cases.
ADA Promotion / Career Scope
Step 1: Assistant District Attorney is eligible for promotion as Deputy District Attorney in Grade 18 on seniority cum fitness basis.
Step 2: Deputy District Attorney, Grade 18, is eligible for promotion as District Attorney in Grade 19 upon completion of 10 weeks training at MPDD.
General Information about ADA Jobs
Number of Chances: There are only 03 chances for a candidate to appear in ADA Exam.
Minimum passing marks: A candidate shall have to obtain 40% marks in each paper and 50% i.e. 150 marks in the aggregate to qualify for interview. Thereafter, a candidate shall also secure 50% marks in the interview to be held eligible for final merit list of successful candidates.
ADA stands for: ADA stands for Assistant District Attorney
Plz share info about civil judge