Assistant District Public Prosecutor Jobs, Exam, Salary and Promotion
Public Prosecution Department, Government of the Punjab provides Prosecutors at courts for assistance of the Judges and Members. Assistant District Public Prosecutor known as ADPP is main functional post of the Public Prosecution Department. Public Prosecution Department has requested Punjab Public Service Commission (PPSC) to recruit suitable candidates against the vacant seats of ADPP. Through its advertisement in Jang and The Nation dated 15th May 2019, the PPSC has advertised ADPP jobs (Reserved for Special Persons).
Post Title: Assistant District Public Prosecutor (ADPP)
Basic Pay Scale: 17
Number of Posts: 17
Quota: These ADPP Jobs are Reserved for Special Persons only.
Job Type: Regular Basis
Recruitment criteria, required qualification, job description and career scope of ADPP can be discussed as follow:
Qualification / Experience
Bachelor's Degree in Law with two years practice as an Advocate.
NOTE-I: Experience certificate showing exact dates & containing complete information from President District Bar Association/ Sub Divisional Bar Association duly countersigned and affixing rubber stamp of District and Sessions Judge concerned (in original) also having membership shall be submitted at the time of interview.
NOTE-II: The following categories of Disabled persons shall not be considered for the post:
- Deaf & Dumb
Age: (SPECIAL PERSONS ONLY) Male, Female & Transgender: 25 to 35 years + 10 Years age relaxation = 45 Years
NOTE: The cut-off date to determine the age shall be the 1st January 2019, however all the other conditions for eligibility will be determined on or before the closing date for receipt of application. Candidates will produce the original certificates at the time of Psychological Assessment and Interview to authenticate their claim in the application form.
Syllabus for Written Exam / Test
Written examination comprising of the following Four Papers will be conducted:
- Criminal Law-I: Procedure (Subjective 125 marks & Objective 25 marks) (total marks 150)
- Criminal Law-II: Substantive (Subjective 75 marks & Objective 25 marks) (total marks 100)
- Criminal Law-III: Evidence (Subjective 75 marks & Objective 25 marks) (total marks 100)
- English (total marks 50):
- Essay Writing (20 marks)
- Comprehension (20 marks)
- Precise Writing (10 marks)
Psychological Assessment + viva voce 100
Gender: Male, Female & Transgender
Domicile Eligibility: Candidates domiciled in any district of the province of Punjab can apply.
Place of Posting: Anywhere in Punjab
Closing Date: Last date to apply is 30-05-2019 up to 12:00 AM (Midnight)
How to Apply
To apply for one of these ADPP Jobs, follow the steps given below:
- Deposit Rs.600/- under Head: "C02101- ORGANIZATIONS OF STATE-TEST FEE REALIZED BY THE PUNJAB PUBLIC SERVICE COMMISSION", in any Branch of State Bank of Pakistan or National Bank of Pakistan or Government Treasury on or before the closing date.
- No Bank Draft or Pay Order or Cheque or any such instrument is accepted.
- Applicants residing outside Pakistan, but having Domicile of the Punjab can deposit the fee at the Pakistani Embassy of residing country in the currency of that country equivalent to the amount of Application/ Test Fee prescribed for the post.
- Applicants are required to submit "Online Application Form" at PPSC website.
Salary of Assistant District Public Prosecutor (ADPP) is equal to Basic Pay Scale 17 along with allowances as admissible to other Punjab Government Employees. New entrant in government service as ADPP may get the following salary / financial benefits:
Basic Pay: 30,370
House Rent Allowance: 6,650
Conveyance Allowance: 5,000
Medical Allowance: 1,847
Adhoc Relief Allowance 2016 10%: 2,544
Adhoc Relief Allowance 2017 10%: 3,037
Adhoc Relief Allowance 2018 10%: 3,037
Special Allowance: 15,000
Total Salary: 67,485
Job Description of ADPP
To assist the court of law on legal matters being the representative of Government of the Punjab. Generally, ADPP are posted in Session Courts, Civil Courts and Service Tribunals. They also represent government in special courts.
Promotion Scope of ADPP
- Assistant District Public Prosecutor (ADPP) is governed under Prosecutor General Punjab Service Rules, 2011 and the posts are filled by 100% initial recruitment.
- The Assistant District Public Prosecutor with at 05 years' experience as such is eligible for promotion to the rank of Deputy District Public Prosecutor (DDPP) in Scale-18.
- The Deputy District Public Prosecutor (DDPP) with at 10 years' experience as such is eligible for promotion to the rank of District Public Prosecutor in Scale-19.
General Information about ADPP Jobs
Number of Chances: There are only 03 chances for a candidate to appear in ADPP Exam.
Minimum passing marks: A candidate shall have to obtain 40% marks in each paper and 50% marks in the aggregate to qualify for interview. Thereafter, a candidate shall also secure 50% marks in the interview to be held eligible for final merit list of successful candidates.
Negative marking: Negative marking shall be made and 0.25 marks shall be deducted for each incorrect answer in the MCQ papers
Application fee: Special Persons are not required to deposit application fee.
When will PPSC advertise the ADPP jobs of open merit quota
Respected Hina, Hopefully, PPSC will also announce Open Merit ADPP Jobs soon!