Deputy District Public Prosecutor Jobs, Exam, Salary and Promotion
Punjab Public Prosecution Department, Government of the Punjab, has announced Deputy District Public Prosecutor (DDPP) jobs through Punjab Public Service Commission (PPSC) to recruit suitable candidates against the vacant seats. Through its advertisement in Jang dated 06th October 2019, the PPSC has advertised DDPP jobs.
Post Title: Deputy District Public Prosecutor (DDPP)
Basic Pay Scale: 18
Number of Posts: 18
Quota: These DDPP Jobs will be filled up through Open Merit (including 01 post Reserved against Minority Quota).
Job Type: Regular
Recruitment criteria, required qualification, job description and career scope of DDPP can be discussed as follow:
Qualification / Experience
- Seven (07) years practice as an advocate in case of Bachelor's degree in Law; or
- Five (05) years practice as an advocate in case of post-graduate degree / PhD in Law; or
- Five (05) years experience as Public Prosecutor.
NOTE-I: Experience certificate showing exact dates & containing complete information from President District Bar Association/ Sub Divisional Bar Association duly countersigned and affixing rubber stamp of District and Sessions Judge concerned (in original) also having membership shall be submitted at the time of interview. Only practical experience is acceptable for this post.
NOTE-II: The following categories of Special Persons shall not be considered for the post:
- Deaf & Dumb
- Male: 30 to 45 years + 05 Years age relaxation = 50 Years
- Female: 30 to 45 years + 08 Years age relaxation = 53 Years
NOTE: The cut-off date to determine the age shall be the 1st January 2019, however all the other conditions for eligibility will be determined on or before the closing date for receipt of application. Candidates will produce the original certificates at the time of Psychological Assessment and Interview to authenticate their claim in the application form.
Syllabus for Written Exam / Test
Written examination comprising of the following Four Papers will be conducted:
- Criminal Law-I: Procedure (Subjective 125 marks & Objective 25 marks) (total marks 150)
- Criminal Law-II: Substantive (Subjective 75 marks & Objective 25 marks) (total marks 100)
- Criminal Law-III: Evidence (Subjective 75 marks & Objective 25 marks) (total marks 100)
- English (total marks 50):
- Essay Writing (20 marks)
- Comprehension (20 marks)
- Precise Writing (10 marks)
Psychological Assessment + viva voce 100
Gender: Male & Female
Domicile Eligibility: Candidates domiciled in any district of the province of Punjab can apply.
Place of Posting: Anywhere in Punjab
Closing Date: Last date to apply is 21-10-2019 up to 12:00 AM (Midnight)
How to Apply
To apply for one of these DDPP Jobs, follow the steps given below:
- Deposit Rs.600/- under Head: "C02101- ORGANIZATIONS OF STATE-TEST FEE REALIZED BY THE PUNJAB PUBLIC SERVICE COMMISSION", in any Branch of State Bank of Pakistan or National Bank of Pakistan or Government Treasury on or before the closing date.
- No Bank Draft or Pay Order or Cheque or any such instrument is accepted.
- Applicants residing outside Pakistan, but having Domicile of the Punjab can deposit the fee at the Pakistani Embassy of residing country in the currency of that country equivalent to the amount of Application/ Test Fee prescribed for the post.
- Special persons are not required to deposit application fee.
- Applicants are required to submit "Online Application Form" at PPSC website.
Salary of Deputy District Public Prosecutor (DDPP) is equal to Basic Pay Scale 18 along with allowances as admissible to other Punjab Government Employees. The salary of new entrant as DDPP includes basic pay, non-practicing allowance and other financial benefits:
Basic Pay: Rs.38350
Non-Practicing Allowance: Rs.17500
Total Salary (Estimated): Rs.81017
Job Description of DDPP
To assist the court of law on legal matters being the representative of Government of the Punjab. Generally, DDPP performs duties in the Courts of Additional Session Judge (ASJ), environmental tribunals, high court and special courts. DDPP also conducts session challans.
Promotion Scope of DDPP
- Deputy District Public Prosecutor (DDPP) is governed under Prosecutor General Punjab Service Rules, 2011 and the posts are filled by 25% initial recruitment.
- Deputy District Public Prosecutor (DDPP) with at 10 years' experience as such is eligible for promotion to the rank of District Public Prosecutor (DPP) in Basic Pay Scale-19.
- DDPP may also be promoted as Deputy Prosecutor General (Basic Scale-19), in case he/ she has 07 years' experience as such and passes DPG Exam through PPSC.
General Information about DDPP Jobs
Number of Chances: There are only 03 chances for a candidate to appear in DDPP Exam.
Minimum passing marks: A candidate shall have to obtain 40% marks in each paper and 50% marks in the aggregate to qualify for interview. Thereafter, a candidate shall also secure 50% marks in the interview to be held eligible for final merit list of successful candidates.
Negative marking: Negative marking shall be made and 0.25 marks shall be deducted for each incorrect answer in the MCQ papers.
Kindly inform me when new post announced.
I am interested in this post
When new post published