Deputy District Attorney Jobs | Exam, Salary and Promotion Scope
Punjab Public Service Commission (PPSC) has announced 09 posts of Deputy District Attorney (Basic Scale 18) of Law & Parliamentary Affairs Department for selection of suitable candidates through its website and newspapers on 28-07-2019.
Here is brief discussion about Deputy District Attorney Jobs in Law & Parliamentary Affairs Department, Government of the Punjab.
Job Title: Deputy District Attorney
Basic Pay Scale: 18
Number of Posts: 09 (Open Merit 05, Special Person 01 and Women Quota 03)
Place of Posting: Anywhere in Punjab
As per District Law Officers Service Rules, 2010 the minimum qualification required for the posts of Deputy District Attorney, is as under:
- LLM or equivalent qualification from a Recognized University by HEC and five years active practice as an Advocate; or
- LLB (with 50% aggregate marks) or equivalent qualification from a Recognized University by HEC and seven years active practice as an Advocate.
Minimum Experience: 05 years for LLM and 07 years for LLB.
Age: Male 30 to 40+5 years and Female 30 to 40+8 years.
The cut-off date to determine the age shall be the 1st January 2019, however all the other conditions for eligibility will be determined on or before the closing date for receipt of application. Candidates will produce the original certificates at the time of Psychological Assessment and Interview to authenticate their claim in the application form.
Gender: Male, Female & Transgender.
Domicile Eligibility: Only Punjab domiciled candidates can apply.
- The experience of active practice after being enrolled as advocate by Punjab Bar Council.
- Serving Civil Servants are not Eligible.
Syllabus for Exam
Written examination comprising of the following Papers will be conducted:
- Paper-I (Advocacy & Pleading Skills) Subjective & Objective (100 marks)
- Paper-II (Constitutional & Administrative Law) Subjective & Objective (100 marks)
- Civil Laws Subjective & Objective (100 marks)
- Psychological & Viva Voce (100 marks)
- A candidate shall have to obtain 40% marks in each paper and 50% marks in the aggregate to qualify for interview. Thereafter, a candidate shall also secure 50% marks in the interview to be held eligible for final merit list of successful candidates.
- Negative marking shall be made and 0.25 marks shall be deducted for each incorrect answer in the MCQ papers
- Only three (03) chances are allowed to a candidate to appear in the examination of Deputy District Attorney (BS-18)
Salary of Deputy District Attorney
Salary of Deputy District Attorney is equal to Basic Pay Scale 18 along with allowances as admissible to other Punjab Government Employees. Newly appointed Deputy District Attorney may get following salary:
Basic Pay: 38350
House Rent Allowance (large city): 8715
Conveyance Allowance: 5000
Medical Allowance: 1937
Adhoc Relief Allowances 2016-2919: 14694
Special Allowance: 17500
Total Estimated Salary: 83280
Deputy District Attorney performs the following duties:
- Assist the Court on cases.
- Represent the State in cases.
Promotion / Career Scope
Deputy District Attorney is eligible for promotion as District Attorney in Grade 19 upon completion of 10 weeks training at MPDD.
How to Apply for DDA
- Applicants are required to submit "On-line Application Form" available at PPSC's website: http://www.ppsc.gop.pk
- Last Date to apply: 19-08-2019 up to 12:00 AM (Midnight).
- Deposit Rs.1000/- under Head:"C02101-ORGANIZATIONS OF STATE-TEST FEE REALIZED BY THE PUNJAB PUBLIC SERVICE COMMISSION", in any Branch of State Bank of Pakistan or National Bank of Pakistan or Government Treasury on or before the Closing Date of submission of applications.
- No Bank Draft or Pay Order or Cheque or any such instrument will be accepted as fee by the Commission.
- Applicants residing outside Pakistan, but having Domicile of the Punjab will deposit the fee at the Pakistani Embassy of residing country in the currency of that country equivalent to the amount of Application/ Test Fee prescribed for the post.
- Special Persons are not required to deposit application fee.
I want to know about past papers of DDA according to above given syllabus.If have please share here