HEC Law GAT | Test, Preparation and Result
What is Law GAT? Law GAT stands for Law Graduate Assessment Test. The Higher Education Commission (HEC) Pakistan conducts this test for eligibility to seek enrollment as an Advocate with Bar Council.
Background of Law GAT
The Honorable Supreme Court of Pakistan vide order dated March 6, 2018 has directed restoration of the Law Graduate Assessment Test by the Pakistan Bar Council through the HEC. So the Pakistan Bar Council has authorized HEC to conduct this Assessment Test.
Objective of HEC Law GAT
The Objective of the Law GAT is to ensure proper scrutiny and evaluation of a law graduate desirous to join the legal profession so that only competent law graduates possessing necessary basic knowledge of law may enter the legal profession for practicing law.
Therefore, a law graduate will only become eligible to apply to a Bar Council for enrollment as an Advocate if he/ she qualify the Assessment Test by HEC Pakistan.
Persons having passed LLB (final year) examination from a university recognized by Pakistan Bar Council are eligible to apply for HEC Law GAT.
Requirements for Appearing in Law GAT
An individual who has done LLB degree is eligible to appear in Law GAT. Other requirements are as under:
- Applicants for Test are required to submit copy of LLB degree. In case LLB degree has not been issued, the applicant may submit detailed transcript of marks certificate of LLB (final year) examination.
- Applicants have maximum of three chances to clear the Assessment Test, HEC conduct this Test thrice a year.
- Applicants have to meet other criteria, if any, as per rules and regulations of the Pakistan Bar Council.
- 50% score is required to qualify the Assessment Test.
Test Date for Law GAT 2019
HEC conducts this Test thrice a year. New date for online registration is Saturday March 16, 2019. The date of Test and Roll Number Slip is communicated as follow:
- The date of test is communicated through Roll Number Slips ISMS.
- Roll Number Slip is sent on provided postal address to the applicant who registered on HEC website using online registration process.
- SMS is sent for test date, time and venue.
Online Registration for HEC Law GAT
- Visit the following link: http://etc.hec.gov.pk for online registration
- In case there is any issue during online registration, applicant may visit HEC Secretariat and regional centres in Quetta, Peshawar, Lahore, and Karachi for guidance or email at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Test fee of Rs.3000/- is to be deposited online or through bank draft in the Account No. 01127900567403, Account Title: Higher Education Commission, Habib Bank Limited, Branch Code: 0112
- Applicants have to submit/ courier copy of their LLB degrees/ detailed transcripts of marks certificates of LLB (final year) examination and deposit slip/ bank draft at Room No-212, 2nd Floor, HRD Building-HEC, H-8, Islamabad - Pakistan
- Deposit amount of test fee is non-refundable/ non-transferable
Test Centres for Law GAT
Applicants may select any Test Centre from the list available on HEC website, however for their own convenience, they are advised to choose a test centre nearest to their residence/ district of domicile.
Result of Law GAT
HEC announces Law GAT Result through its website at http://hec.gov.pk/english/HECAnnouncements/Pages/Result-LGAT.aspx thereby candidates can get their result using CNIC or Ticket Number provided by HEC. The result of Test March 2019 will be declared after its exam.
- HEC conducts Law Graduate Assessment Test thrice a year.
- Applicants have maximum of three chances to appear in the Law GAT.
- Foreign degree holders can apply for Law GAT Test.
I am currently serving in abroad and has passed LLB from UNIVERSITY OF PUNJAB. I intend to get passed my GAT for enrollment with the Punjab Bar Council. Is conducting test facility being provided in GCC applicants?
Your reply and feedback will be appreciated.
My Name is Rana Barnbas Ayub s/o Rana Ayub Masih r/o lahore.
I want an Admission in Law Gat..
New date for Law Graduate Assessment (Law GAT) Test 2019 announced. The Test will be conducted on 16.03.2019 by HEC.
16 march is for test or registration ???? Because I already applied for registration on 4jan 2019.
sir last date for registration assessment LAW GAT test 16.3.2019
sir its my 2nd chance what is the last date of registration law gat;
and what is date of test?
Candidate who have not received their Roll No slip of Law GAT so far, they can download it from http://hec.gov.pk/english/HECAnnouncements/Pages/LGAT-19.aspx
Sir I was apply for law Gat due to some reason, I am not present in test.
Plz tell me
Can my chance account or not
Sir, plz i have to get register my self for law gat test, help me what is last date and how can i apply for registration