What is HEC SEE Law - Special Equivalence Examination for Law
SEE Law: Special Equivalence Examination for Law is a Test designed for law aspirants who have done their law graduation from foreign universities/ institutions recognized by Higher Education Commission (HEC) Pakistan and Pakistan Bar Council (PBC). The SEE-Law is a pre-requisite Test to appear in Law Graduate Assessment Test (Law GAT).
Background of HEC SEE Law
To comply with the directions of the Supreme Court of Pakistan vide its Order dated March 6, 2018 and Judgment dated August 31, 2018 passed in C.P.134/2012 titled "Pakistan Bar Council vs Federation and others" and as required under the PBC Legal Education Rules, 2015, the HEC conducts Special Equivalence Examination of Law (SEE Law). The law graduates of foreign universities/ institutions are required to pass the SEE Law before appearing in Law Graduate Test (Law GAT) which is mandatory to apply to the Bar Council for enrollment as an Advocate / Lawyer.
Objective of HEC SEE Law
The Objective of the Special Equivalence Examination (SEE Law) is to ensure proper scrutiny and evaluation of a law graduate of foreign universities/ institutions desirous to join the legal profession so that only competent law graduates possessing necessary basic knowledge of law may enter the legal profession for practicing law.
Therefore, a law graduate of foreign universities will only become eligible to apply to a Bar Council for enrollment as an Advocate if he/ she qualify the SEE Law Test by HEC Pakistan.
Eligibility Criteria for SEE Law
Persons having passed Bachelor's Degree in Law (LLB) or Equivalent from a foreign university/ institution recognized by HEC/ PBC are eligible to apply for HEC SEE Law Exam.
Syllabus / Curriculum of SEE Law
Special Equivalence Examination (SEE Law) will be held in the following five subjects:
- Constitution of Pakistan
- Civil Procedure Code
- Criminal Procedure Code
- special Relief Act
Test Type: Test will consist of Multiple Choice Questions (MCQs)
SEE Law Exam Guidelines
- Applicants should register at HEC Website
- Applicants who registered through HEC online registration process will download their Roll Number Slips through http://etc.hec.gov.pk a week before the examination date.
- Email/ SMS will be sent to registered applicants for examination date, time and venue.
- A print of Roll Number Slip and original CNIC will be required to enter in Examination Centre.
The exam will be conducted in the Federal and Provincial Capital cities namely Gilgit, Islamabad, Karachi, Lahore, Peshawar, Quetta. Applicants may select any examination centre from the list available in the application form. However, there is no option to change examination centre after registration.
How to Register for SEE Law Exam
HEC has invited Online Applications from desirous law graduates. If you are eligible, do the following steps to register for SEE Law Exam:
- Visit http://etc.hec.gov.pk for online registration
- Deposit Rs.5000/- online/ATM or through bank draft in the Account No.01127900567403, Account Title: "Higher Education Commission", Bank Name: Habib Bank Limited, Branch Code:0112.
- Submit a copy of fee deposit slip / bank draft through courier or personally at Room No.212, 2nd Floor, HRD Building, HEC, H-8 Islamabad on or before the last of date of registration i.e. 15.06.2019. Your CNIC number must be mentioned at the back of the deposit slip/ bank draft.
Note: In case of any difficulty during online registration, applicant may send email at email@example.com or visit HEC Secretariat or regional centres for guidance.
Deadline for Online Registration: Last date for online registration is June 15, 2019
SEE Law Test Date: The HEC Special Equivalence Examination (SEE Law) shall be conducted on June 30, 2019.
- 50% score is required to qualify the Special Equivalence Examination (SEE Law).
- Applicants will have to meet other criteria, if any, as per Rules and Regulations of the Pakistan Bar Council.
- Applicants will have maximum of three chances to clear the Exam.
- HEC conducts this Exam twice in a year, first in June and second in December tentatively.
- The examination fee is non-refundable and non-transferable.
- HEC Helplines: 051-111-119-432, 0334-111-9432
is this test for the law degree holders of bahaudin zalariya university multan?