Assistant Jobs in Punjab Police | Exam, Job Description, Salary & Promotion
Punjab Public Service Commission (PPSC) has advertised 48 Assistant Jobs in Police Department, Punjab to start its recruitment process.
Bachelor degree holders who are interested to start their career in government sector / Police Department, Punjab will have great chance to make their dream true. Here is brief discussion about Assistant, Punjab Police Department in accordance with the last advertisement.
Post Title: Assistant
Basic Pay Scale: 16
Number of Posts: 48 (including 06 posts reserved for Minorities Quota and 07 posts reserved for Women Quota)
Nature of Post: Regular Basis
Place of Posting: Anywhere in Punjab
As per Punjab Police Department (Ministerial Posts) Recruitment Rules, 1988 (amended from time to time) the minimum qualification required for the posts of Assistant is Graduation with second division from a recognized University / Institute.
Minimum Experience: Nil
Age: Male (18 to 25 + 05) 30 years and Female (18 to 25 + 08) 33 years
Gender: Male and Female
Domicile Eligibility: Only Punjab domiciled candidates can apply.
Syllabus for Assistant Exam / Test
One paper of MCQ type General Ability Written Test of 100 Marks of 90 minutes duration comprising questions relating to General Knowledge including Pakistan Studies, Current Affairs, Islamic studies (Ethics for Non-Muslim candidates), Geography, Basic Mathematics, English, Urdu, Everyday Science and Basic Computer Studies.
How to Apply for Assistant Punjab Police
- Deposit Rs.600/- under Head:"C02101-ORGANIZATIONS OF STATE-TEST FEE REALIZED BY THE PUNJAB PUBLIC SERVICE COMMISSION", in any Branch of State Bank of Pakistan or National Bank of Pakistan or Government Treasury on or before the Closing Date of submission of applications.
- Fill in the On-line Application Form carefully in the light of the Guidelines and Instructions mentioned in the Advertisement for the said post and "Important/General Instructions to Candidates" at www.ppsc.gop.pk
- Submit "On-line Application Form" by the Closing Date 17-02-2020 up to 12:00AM (Midnight).
Salary of Assistant is equal to Basic Pay Scale 16 along with allowances as admissible to other Punjab Government Employees. An estimated salary of an Assistant is Rs. 36762/- per month.
Assistant Job Description
Usually, an Assistant performs the following duties:
- He/ She will maintain reference books and keep them up-to-date by getting the correction slips pasted.
- He/ She is personally responsible for adding to a case any precedent, policy, rules, or regulations relating to it, and flagging them properly and making references in the margin of the case before its submission.
- He/ She should undertake reference and research work, i.e., acquaint himself with the rules and regulations pertaining to the subjects dealt with, maintain such statistics as are required (e.g. in a Service Branch, maintain lists of officers belonging to a specific cadre, showing their latest postings, etc.), and while examining old records, take extracts of important policy decisions, etc.
- He/ She will record advice tendered by the Services, Law and Finance Departments on any important matters referred to these Departments in a note book and also keep with him a separate reference collection of important decisions.
- He/ She will prepare such statements and returns and collect such material and statistics, as may be required
- He will undertake periodically a proper classification, recording, indexing and weeding of files.
- He/ She will compare typing work with the Stenographer/Clerk, when necessary.
- He/ She will generally instruct and guide the Clerk and supervise his work. In the temporary absence of the Officer, he will attend to any urgent references or cases that may require immediate attention.
- In the absence of a clerk/record keeper, he will perform the duties of the clerk/record keeper.
Assistant Promotion / Career Scope in Punjab Police
Step 1: Assistant is eligible for promotion as Superintendent in Basic Scale 17 upon completion of 07 years service and 04 weeks training meant for promotion on seniority cum fitness basis.
Step 2: Superintendent, Basic Scale 17, is eligible for promotion Assistant Director in Basic Scale 17 after completion of 08 years service in BS 16 and above in BS 17 on seniority cum fitness basis.
A person already working on 16 but on contact, have what advantages on applying this job except
1) no age limit.
2) regular job.
Whether 31 years old in-service person can apply for this post?& how?
Sir any physical criteria regarding running, height,and chest etc reguired or not ?
Is there required any physical test for assistant Punjab police ?
Is it ASP or ASJ post?
Sir any physical criteria regarding running, height and chest etc required or not ?
Is this job suitable for women?
Yes, it suitable for both male and female?