Statistical Assistant Jobs in Agriculture | Exam, Promotion and His Salary
Agriculture Department is the most important department in Pakistan. Besides other agri-related job responsibilities, the Agriculture Department manages the crop reporting and statistics about the crops. For the purpose, Punjab Agriculture Department has its Directorate of Agriculture Crop Reporting. To run its functions, the Directorate of Agriculture Crop Reporting has number of job vacancies of different categories. The Statistical Assistant is one of them.
Job Scope of Statistical Assistant
Posts of Statistical Assistants (Basic Pay Scale-14) are very important in Crop Reporting. The Statistical Assistants handle data on crops and processes it in laid down procedure. In Agriculture Department, all the estimates of relating to crop reporting are also based upon the work of Statistical Assistant.
The vacant seats of Statistical Assistants are filled by Agriculture Department through Punjab Public Service Commission (PPSC) and suitable candidates are recommended to appoint against the posts of Statistical Assistant in Crop Reporting Directorate of Agriculture Department.
As per its service rules "The Directorate of Agriculture Crop Reporting Punjab Service Rules, 1986" the required qualification for post of Statistical Officer is
Statistical Assistant PPSC Exam
PPSC generally conducts one paper test comprising of 80 percent of the subject material and 20% of the English. The successful candidates are interviewed and recommended against the post of Statistical Assistant.
Job Description of Statistical Assistant
- Acreage estimation surveys of all major and important minor crops
- Yield Estimation Surveys all major and important minor crops
- Crop Condition Surveys
- Collection and maintenance of Agricultural Inputs data
- Preparation and submission of fortnightly crop situation report
- Publication of Punjab Agricultural Statistics and other Leaflets depicting data
- Growers' Opinion Surveys on important crops (acreage & yield)
- Agricultural Machinery Survey (Tractors, Threshers, Harvesters, Tube-wells)
- Surveys on Harvest Prices (Farm Gate Prices)
- Cost of Production Surveys
- Other ad hoc enquiries on Agricultural Statistics
- Rains / Flood Damage Reports
Statistical Assistant Promotion Scope
As per its service rules "The Directorate of Agriculture Crop Reporting Punjab Service Rules, 1986" the Statistical Assistants are eligible for following promotions:
- Firstly, the Statistical Assistant promoted as Statistical Officer (Basic Scale-16) after 05 years service.
- After promotion as Statistical Officer, is eligible for promotion as Assistant Director (Stat) in Basic Pay Scale-17 after 05 years service.
- Assistant Director (Stat) is eligible for promotion as Statistician, Basic Scale-18 after 05 years service as such.
- Statistician is eligible for promotion as Director of Agriculture with 12 years' service in BS-17 and above.
Salary of Statistical Assistant
The basic salary of Statistical Assistant is in accordance with Government Employees Pay Scales plus departmental allowances as admissible to Punjab Government employees.
PPSC will announce posts and open online registration for exam of the candidates as when the Agriculture Department, Government of the Punjab sends requisition to fill its vacant seats.
Sir when advertised the post of Statical assistant in agri feild plz inform me. Thank you