SI and ASI Jobs in Punjab Police | Exam, Syllabus & Salary
On the requisition of Punjab Police Department, Punjab Public Service Commission (PPSC) has announced job vacancies of Sub Inspectors (SI) and Assistant Sub Inspectors (ASI) belonging to five regions of Punjab, Pakistan.
Sub Inspector Jobs: Total 540 Sub Inspectors (SIs) are required on regular basis against Open Merit, Service Quota, Women Quota and Minorities.
Assistant Sub Inspector Jobs: Total 187 Assistant Sub Inspectors (ASIs) are required on regular basis against Service Quota.
Place of Posting: All over Punjab Province.
Basic Pay Scale:
- Sub Inspector (BS-14)
- Assistant Sub Inspector (BS-11)
General Requirements for SI and ASI
Gender: Both male and female are eligible.
Candidates can apply only in the concerned region of their district where they are domiciled. Region wise districts are as under:
- Faisalabad Region: Faisalabad, Toba Take Singh, Jhang and Chiniot.
- Sahiwal Region: Sahiwal, Pak Pattan and Okara.
- Multan Region: Multan, Khanewal, Lodhran and Vehari.
- Bahawalpur Region: Bahawalpur, Rahim Yar Khan and Bahawal Nagar.
- DG Khan Region: DG Khan, Muzaffargarh, Rajanpur and Layyay.
Age Limit for Sub Inspector (SI):
- Age limit in case of Open Merit: Male/ Female 20 to 25 years.
- Age limit in case of Service Quota: Male/ Female 23 to 35 years.
Age Limit for Assistant Sub Inspector (ASI):
- Male & Female: 21 to 35 years
Minimum Qualification / Experience for SI (Open Merit)
Graduate (Second Division or equivalent grade) from a recognized university having following physical standards:
- Height for Male 5' 7" (170.18cm); for Female 5' 2" (157.48cm).
- Chest for Male 33" - 34.5; and visual standards distant vision 6/9 in eye with or without glasses. Near vision not less than J-1 for both male and female.
Minimum Qualification / Experience for SI (Service Quota)
- Graduate from a recognized university; and
- Three years' service as Head Constable or Assistant Sub Inspector in the functional unit
Minimum Qualification / Experience for ASI (Service Quota)
- Bachelor's degree (second division) from a recognized university.
- Amongst in-service Head Constables and Constables with three years' service as Head Constable and Constable in the Punjab Police Department and having clean service record.
Syllabus for Exam/ Test of SI and ASI
Syllabus for SI and ASI Test is same. One paper MQs type written test of 100 marks (90 minutes duration) comprising following subjects;
- General Knowledge and Intelligence (40%)
General Knowledge will comprise Pakistan Affairs, Current Affairs, Islamic Studies (Ethics for Non-Muslim Candidates), fundamental Rights and Everyday Science including questions on Analogies, similarities and differences, problem solving, relationship concepts, Arithmetical Reasoning and Arithmetic Number Series.
- Quantitative (30%)
Computation of whole Number, Decimals, Fractions and Relationship between Numbers, percentage, Ratio and Proportion, Square Roots, Averages, Interest, Profit and Loss, Discount and Time & Work.
- IT and language comprehension (30%)
Usage if basic software like MS Office, Electronic Record Keeping, Internet, Email etc. Comprehension in English and Urdu.
How to Apply
- Deposit Rs.600/- under Head: "C02101- ORGANIZATIONS OF STATE-TEST FEE REALIZED BY THE PUNJAB PUBLIC SERVICE COMMISSION" in any Branch of State Bank of Pakistan or National Bank of Pakistan or Government Treasury on or before the closing date.
- Submit Online Application Form at PPSC's website by closing date i.e. 22nd July, 2019.
Last Date to Apply: 22.07.2019 upto 12:00AM (Midnight)
Salary of Sub Inspector is equal to Basic Pay Scale 14 as admissible to other Punjab Government Employees. New recruit as SI may get the following estimated salary / financial benefits:
Basic Pay: 15,180.00
House Rent Allowance: 3,321.00
Conveyance Allowance: 2,856.00
Medical Allowance: 1,500.00
Washing Allowance: 150.00
Special F.D.A Police: 7,300.00
Ration Allowance Police (2009): 1,038.00
Adhoc Relief Allowance 2016 10%: 1,272.00
Adhoc Relief Allowance 2017 10%: 1,518.00
Adhoc Relief Allowance 2018 10%: 1,518.00
Adhoc Relief Allowance 2019 10%: 1,518.00
Police Law & Order Allowance: 4,920.00
Total Estimated Salary: 42,091.00
Promotion Scope of Assistant Sub Inspector
As per Inspectors, Sub Inspectors and Assistant Sub Inspectors (Appointment & Conditions of Service) Rules, 2013, the promotion scope of an Assistant Subject Inspector is as follow:
- Graduate Assistant Sub Inspector is eligible for promotion after three year service as Sub Inspector on the recommendation of the PPSC under High Potential development scheme
- Undergraduate Assistant Sub Inspector is eligible for promotion on seniority fitness basis after 05 years service
Promotion Scope of Sub Inspector
As per Inspectors, Sub Inspectors and Assistant Sub Inspectors (Appointment & Conditions of Service) Rules, 2013, the promotion scope of a Sub Inspector is as follow:
- Sub Inspector is eligible for promotion as Inspector after five year service under high potential development scheme on the recommendation of PPSC.
- Sub Inspector is otherwise eligible for promotion through departmental promotion committee on the seniority cum fitness basis.
I need a job kindly help me
i want joining
Hard work is the first and last condition to get a goal
sir ppsc main pending result wala apply kr skta hy
Dear Ghulam Abbas, Candidate must pass out graduation exam before applying for Assistant Sub Inspector or Sub Inspector job.
Aoa..Sir SI ka test kis month hoga Adv No 21 2019 ..Bs-14
I AM JAM FAYYAZ AHMED ASI KA WRITTEN TEST KAB HO GA PLLLLLZZZ YA TO BTA DYN.
Asalam o alikum ...sir kya ASI or sub inspector Kay liye height must accurate 5.2 honi chahyh ya 5.1/5 b ho skhti h please sir inform me . I shall be very thankful to you
I need a job. My child dream Make a honest police officer sir plz i need a job my Qualification BSC health and physical education by university of the Punjab and my age 23 years. Height 5.10 inch. Chest 37 and i Am physically fitness. Medical clear sir plz i need a job plz help. Me
Kindly mjhy bta dain k Sub inspector ka test kb hoga 23 july last date the apply ki ..but still test date announce nhi hue
Ma ny sub inpector k liye apply kia hua ha but ubi tk test ki date ni ae kindly help me.when will the test be held??
Main sub inspctr k liya apply kiya h lkn abi ak test date nai pata chali kindly bta dain kab test hu ga
kindly tell me when new vaccancies (ASI) are announced?
Plz sir, tell me the written test date for SI?
how to again open sub inspector vecancies in ppsc 2019 in last month of years
i need job SI or ASI . MY FATHER IS ASI
Sir Kia asi ki 1 sale service ho to wo si ky liye apply kr sakta ha
My Father was a Police officer and he was A.S.I at that time. So how much relief can i get in the test
Agr ik shakhs pe koi case ho larhai ka or wo court ki taraf se final bail per ho or kisi qisam ki koi saza na hoi ho to Kya wo aligible hai police job k liye?
Asi Ki vacancy kab aye gi or Kya hum inter Ki base par apply kar sakty Hai or iss ka mukamal process
sir asi ka exam kab ho ga
A.o.a sir I am serving in Pakistan Armed Forces ... My education is BA and I have diplomas of computer science, CCTV cameras, optical fiber Cable, IT equipment, installation of internet equipment, IP basis products, quadcopters and c++ computer language..Sir I want to apply as sub inspector and assistant sub inspector... Sir plz info me when the next vacancies will announced in Punjab police. I will thankedfull to you ...
Mera name Armaghan Ayub hai or meri intermediate clear hai. Kya mn police mn Asi ki post k liye apply kr sakta hn
At a time we can apply for Asi and SI
Bachelor means 14 years of education?
Can I please double check about ASI age restrictions?
This is gul bukhari. Please inform me about new update of 2020 vacancies so i will be able to apply for this post.
what is the age for head constabel
Sir assistant sub inspector in Punjab police services quota ki kab tk vacancies aa rhi hn please tell me....
Mei llb (regular) ka student hn or 4th year mei hn..FA k bd kr ra hn..kya mei trnascript ki base py SI k lia apply kr skta hn ppsc k test k lia ?kindly guide me