Tips for PPSC's Exam for the Post of Assistant in Punjab Civil Secretariat, Lahore
Punjab Public Service Commission (PPSC) has advertised 47 posts of Assistant (Basic Scale-16) in the Services & General Administration Department (S&GAD), Government of the Punjab commonly known as Punjab Civil Secretariat, Lahore on 11.03.2018 in the Dailies "The Jang" and "The Nation". Soon PPSC may schedule its exam and thereafter interview for the post of Assistant. Since fresh graduates with 2nd division minimum are required to apply so thousands of applicants may apply for this exam. In order to shortlist the candidates, one paper of 100 marks comprising of 100 MCQs, having duration of 90 minutes, shall be conducted by the PPSC. The general syllabus of the paper is as under:-
"General Knowledge including Pakistan Studies, Current Affairs, Everyday Science, Islamic Studies (Ethics for Non Muslim candidates), Geography, Basic Mathematics, English, Urdu and Basic Computer Science."
PPSC has previously conducted subjective paper of English consisting of 40 number essay, 20 number precise, 20 number translation of Urdu into English and 20 number English into Urdu.
Now the syllabus has been changed to one paper of 100 marks comprising of 100 MCQs, having duration of 90 minutes by PPSC for the post of Assistant BS-16 of different departments and the same has been applied to the post of Assistant in Punjab Civil Secretariat, Lahore.
To qualify the test for selection against the post, here are some tips which one candidate may adopt:-
- Have good command over English grammar to secure maximum number in English portion. Any graduate level book may help.
- Study General Knowledge MCQs books published by Carvan Publishers, Advanced Publishers, Ilmi Book House, Dogar Publishers and Bhatti Sons.
- Carvan and Advanced Publishers are recommended.
- Read News papers (The Dawn & The Jang etc.) to grasp the latest happenings in the world, particularly in & around Pakistan.
- Visit BBC Urdu and CNN websites to note the new things, this will generate ample questions.
- Go through all previous papers of the same post conducted by PPSC and other agencies.
- Specify 02-04 hours per day for preparation.
- Visit https://pakmcqs.com for latest MCQs and general knowledge questions.
- On the test day do not take any pressure and feel easy. Take healthy meal in the morning and reach the examination centre well before time & relax. Be confident and read the question paper carefully in first 15 minutes to ascertain the number of questions, one knows completely. Attempt the paper with black marker and follow the instructions given therein.
Books ka nam bta da for preparing the test