How to Find Job Opportunities in Punjab Civil Secretariat, Lahore
Any Federal or Provincial Government runs its official affairs through an office called Civil Secretariat; a central office to command, administer, monitor, manage, issue instructions, collection of information, allocation of finances etc. It is pivot of the government functions and has many diversified offices dealing with all walks of the society.
All those who are pursuing a career, do think about government job and Punjab Civil Secretariat is the ultimate goal. Secretariat has posts in all grades / scales from BS-01 to BS-22.
The posts are as under:-
- Chief Secretary / Senior Member BOR / Chairman P&D BS-22.
- Additional Chief Secretary / Secretary / Commissioner BS-21.
- Commissioner / Secretary BS-20.
- Additional Commissioner / Deputy Commissioner / Additional Secretary BS-19.
- Additional Deputy Commissioner / Deputy Secretary / District Monitoring Officer, Deputy Director (Anti Corruption) BS-18.
- Section Officer / Assistant Commissioner / Special Judicial Magistrate / Sub- Registrar / District Monitoring Officer, Protocol Officer, Resident Officer, Assistant Comptroller BS-17.
- Private Secretary / Superintendent BS-17.
- Personal Assistant / Senior Scale Stenographer / Assistant / Cashier / Caretaker BS-16.
- Stenographer BS-15.
- Senior Clerk / Caretaker, BS-14.
- Computer Operator, BS-12.
- Junior Clerk, BS-11.
- Head Cook / Cook BS-06.
- Driver, BS-04.
- Dispatch Rider BS-04.
- Daftari / Qasid / Waiter BS-02.
- Naib Qasid / Watchman / Chowkidar / Frash / Gate Messenger BS-01.
Some of these posts are filled through direct appointments and others through promotion. Direct recruitment is generally termed as initial appointment and these are the posts for which one looks and apply to get job; to start a career in government sector. Here we shall discuss available posts for initial appointment and what is the mode to get appointment against them.
Following posts are filled through direct / initial appointment:-
- PROVINCIAL MANAGEMENT SERVICE (PMS) BS-17 POSTS INCLUDE SECTION OFFICER / ASSISTANT COMMISSIONER / SPECIAL JUDICIAL MAGISTRATE / SUB REGISTRAR / DISTRICT MONITORING OFFICER, PROTOCOL OFFICER, RESIDENT OFFICER, ASSISTANT COMPTROLLER (BS-17).
The posts of BS-17 falling in the provincial quota under initial recruitment are filled through a competitive exam conducted by Punjab Public Service Commission (PPSC), every year. It is the highest level examination which comprises of 1400 marks; (1200 Marks for written and 200 Marks for Viva-cum-Interview).
The Minimum qualification for the PMS examination is graduation with 2nd Division from a recognized university. Age limit for general candidates is 21-28 years and for in service employees with two years regular service, it is 21-35 years. The number of post varies every year.
- ASSISTANT (BS-16).
The Assistant post is filled on initial appointment through PPSC and prescribed qualification is graduation with 2nd division from the recognized university. Age limit is 21-28 + general age relaxation as prescribed by the government. One paper MCQs is taken by the PPSC for short listing of candidates for interview.
- STENOGRAPHER (BS-15).
The post of Stenographer is filled on initial appointment through PPSC and prescribed qualification is Intermediate with 2nd division from the recognized board and shorthand speed of 70 words per minute (wpm) & typing speed of 35 wpm. Age limit is 18-28 + general age relaxation as prescribed by the government.
- JUNIOR CLERK (BS-11).
The post of Junior Clerk is filled on initial appointment through PPSC and prescribed qualification is Intermediate 2nd division from the recognized board & typing speed of 25 wpm. Age limit is 18-28 + general age relaxation as prescribed by the government.
- HEAD COOK / COOK (BS-06).
The post is filled on initial appointment by the Departmental Selection Committee (DSC) and the candidates, having Intermediate level education and relevant experience, are eligible.
- DRIVER (BS-04).
The post is filled on initial appointment by the DSC and the candidates having Middle qualification, two years driving experience and driving license are eligible. The age limit is 25-35 years + general age relaxation prescribed by the government.
- DISPATCH RIDER (BS-04).
The post is filled on initial appointment by the DSC and the candidates having Matric qualification, two years driving experience and driving license are eligible. The age limit is 18-25 years + general age relaxation prescribed by the government.
- NAIB QASID / WATCHMAN / CHOWKIDAR / FRASH / GATE MESSENGER / MALI (BS-01).
The post is filled on initial appointment by the DSC and the literate candidates are eligible. The age limit is 18-25 years + general age relaxation prescribed by the government.
If you want to join S&GAD, Punjab Civil Secretariat, Lahore you can apply for the post(s) which are filled through direct / initial appointment. S&GAD makes recruitment of PMS Officers, Assistants, Stenographers through PPSC whereas other initial recruitment of other categories is made through its DSC. For the purpose, PPSC and S&GAD announce their vacancy positions through newspapers time to time. You need to eye on such announcements or visit PPSC website.
What is the salary of Assisstant (Grade 15 &16)? Thanks.
When will be the vacancies for stenographer ?
I want to appl
Again start my study .....post graudtion
i need A jo
Can i know about latest job updates
stenographer ki seats kb anni hain civil sectretariat mein
I am fresher. In January 2020 I have done my Bachelors . I want job . Kindly tell me about latest job updates
Assalam o aliakum ? Sir g please muja bata dejzay ka civil secretariat ma FA simpl ki koi jobs hote ha kia ? Kia ma simple FA kar ka koi jobs civil secretariat ma hasal kar sakta ho kis ? Please guide me .