Mentor / Social Need Officer Jobs | Exam, Job Description and Salary
Reportedly, the Social Welfare and Bait ul Maal Department, Government of the Punjab, is going to announce Mentor / Social Need Officer jobs for "Persons with disabilities only" on contract basis for a period of 05 years (extendable) to fill the reserved seats for Special Persons in public sector. It's a grade 11 post. These mentors/ Social Need Officers will be posted at the Office of Social Welfare & Bait ul Maal in each district of Punjab after their appointment. The jobs will be advertised soon by the Punjab Public Service Commission (PPSC) as the PPSC has mentioned these posts in upcoming-jobs at its website.
Job Title: Mentor/ Social Need Officer
Basic Pay Scale: 11
Nature of Appointment: Contract basis (5 years further extendable)
No. of Posts: 22 (Forty Nine)
Place of Posting: Successful candidates can be posted anywhere in the Province of Punjab.
PPSC invites applications from eligible candidates to appear in Mentor/ Social Need Officer Exam. The following is eligibility criteria:
Gender: Male, Female and Shemale are eligible.
Educational Qualification: Minimum Bachelor's degree (second division) from a University recognized by the Higher Education Commission.
Physical Standard: Disability Certificate issued from the concerned District Assessment Board
Age Limit (Disabled Male/ Female): 21 to 30+10 = 40 years
Computer Competency: Basic user level
Experienced Required: Nil
- Physical Disabled
- Visually Impaired
- Hearing & Speech Impaired
Domicile: Only candidates who belong to any district in Punjab where the post(s) is vacant.
Syllabus for Written Examination / Test
One paper MCQ type written test of 100 marks and 90 minutes duration comprising questions relating to General Knowledge, Pakistan Studies, Current Affairs, Everyday Science, Islamiat, Basic mathematics, English, Urdu and Basic Computer Studies.
Note: Negative marking is observed and 0.50 marks may be deducted for each incorrect answer in all Objective (MCQ) papers.
Mentor / Social Need Officer Training
Social Welfare & Bait ul Maal Department, Government of the Punjab, conducts four weeks' post induction training of newly recruited Mentors / Social Need Officers at its Social Welfare Training Institute (SWTI), Lahore to them awareness about office management, administrative rules & policies, laws related to SWD and other matters.
Responsibilities and Tasks of Mentor / Social Need Officer are as under:
- To act as Mentors / Facilitators for all disabled people in Punjab including the Khidmat Card Beneficiaries and other provincial governments welfare programs for the disabled people.
- To identify disabled persons within their jurisdiction, facilitation their clarification and get them registered with the government.
- To make disabled people aware of the existing welfare interventions of the government and help them benefits from these programs.
- To establish telephonic contact with all disabled at least once a month and hold periodical community meetings to ensure social inclusion of the people with special emphasis on their emotional and psychological well-being.
- To be responsible for medical needs assessments (Assistive devices, artificial limbs, surgeries etc.) and livelihood needs assessments (training microfinance and soft jobs).
- To be responsible for compliance quarterly review report about beneficiaries issues.
- Any other relevant assignment given by Deputy Director, Social Welfare.
- Any other assignment given by the higher authority.
Social Need Officer Salary
Mentors / Social Need Officers get Salary of Basic Pay Scale-11 along with other allowances admissible to Punjab Government Employees. An estimated salary of newly appointed Social Need Officer can be as follow:
Basic Pay: 12570
House Rent Allowance: 2778
Conveyance Allowance: 2858
Medical Allowance: 1500
Adhoc Relief Allowance 2016 10%: 1051
Adhoc Relief Allowance 2017 10%: 1257
Adhoc Relief Allowance 2018 10%: 1257
Adhoc Relief Allowance 2019 10%: 1257
Adhoc Relief Allowance 2021 10%: 1257
Social Security Allowance: 3771
Grand Salary (Estimated): Rs.29,556
Kindly extend the age limit for these jobs.
Pl extend age of disable then avail the eny job age limit 47years.