What are Benefits of Disability Certificate in Pakistan
What is disability?: According to Act, titled "Disable Persons (Employment & Rehabilitation) (Amendment) Act, 2012" Disabled Person means a person who, on account of injury, disease or congenital deformity, is handicapped for undertaking any gainful profession or employment in order to earn his livelihood, and includes a person who is Blind, Deaf, Physically Handicapped or Mentally Retarded.
Disability certificate is an official document for persons with disabilities because it entitles them to get benefits / facilities and rights of persons with disabilities.
For welfare of disabled persons, federal government and provincial governments of Pakistan have notified list of benefits. These special benefits / facilities / concessions encourage disabled persons to achieve their goals and pass their life with ease and happiness. Benefits for disabled persons in Pakistan are as under:
- Facility for visually handicapped persons to open individual bank accounts.
- 50% concession in air, railway and road fares etc.
- Free medical treatment to disabled persons and their family members in all government hospitals / dispensaries.
- Free of cost rehabilitative aids wheel chairs, artificial limbs, white canes and hearing devices for disabled persons.
- Duty free import of disabled friendly vehicles for disabled persons.
- 10 years age relaxation in the upper age limit of persons with disabilities for entering into government service in Basic Scale 15 and below.
- Employment under 3% Disabled Quota
Disability Benefits for Students
Higher Education Department, Government of the Punjab vide its Notification No.S.O.(A-II)1-83/2012 dated 7th November, 2013 has notified educational benefits for special / disabled students Disability Benefits in Punjab. Handicapped students can claim following benefits:
- In case of Disabled / Special Students, there will be no age limit for taking admission in any education institutions of Punjab.
- All institutional charges including tuition fee, hostel fee and utility bills will be waived off for disabled/ blind / physically challenged students.
- At least one seat reserved for higher qualification i.e. MPhil & PhD in all government institutions/ universities.
- Ramps / Special pathways and toilets would be made mandatory for all government buildings.
- On admission of a special student in university a laptop will be awarded to him / her as an incentive and electric wheel chair will be provided on passing out from university.
Sir i am a disable person. I am student of M.A Education in Allama Iqbal Open University Islamabad. Sir i am not awarded with Laptop.