What are Benefits of Disability Certificate in Pakistan
What is disability?: According to Act, titled "Disable Persons (Employment & Rehabilitation) (Amendment) Act, 2012" Disabled Person means a person who, on account of injury, disease or congenital deformity, is handicapped for undertaking any gainful profession or employment in order to earn his livelihood, and includes a person who is Blind, Deaf, Physically Handicapped or Mentally Retarded.
Disability certificate is an official document for persons with disabilities because it entitles them to get benefits / facilities and rights of persons with disabilities.
For welfare of disabled persons, federal government and provincial governments of Pakistan have notified list of benefits. These special benefits / facilities / concessions encourage disabled persons to achieve their goals and pass their life with ease and happiness. Benefits for disabled persons in Pakistan are as under:
- Facility for visually handicapped persons to open individual bank accounts.
- 50% concession in air, railway and road fares etc.
- Free medical treatment to disabled persons and their family members in all government hospitals / dispensaries.
- Free of cost rehabilitative aids wheel chairs, artificial limbs, white canes and hearing devices for disabled persons.
- Duty free import of disabled friendly vehicles for disabled persons.
- 10 years age relaxation in the upper age limit of persons with disabilities for entering into government service in Basic Scale 15 and below.
- Employment under 3% Disabled Quota
Disability Benefits for Students
Higher Education Department, Government of the Punjab vide its Notification No.S.O.(A-II)1-83/2012 dated 7th November, 2013 has notified educational benefits for special / disabled students Disability Benefits in Punjab. Handicapped students can claim following benefits:
- In case of Disabled / Special Students, there will be no age limit for taking admission in any education institutions of Punjab.
- All institutional charges including tuition fee, hostel fee and utility bills will be waived off for disabled/ blind / physically challenged students.
- At least one seat reserved for higher qualification i.e. MPhil & PhD in all government institutions/ universities.
- Ramps / Special pathways and toilets would be made mandatory for all government buildings.
- On admission of a special student in university a laptop will be awarded to him / her as an incentive and electric wheel chair will be provided on passing out from university.
Sir i am a disable person. I am student of M.A Education in Allama Iqbal Open University Islamabad. Sir i am not awarded with Laptop.
i have done master in business education from Punjab university (I.E.R ) 2016 TO 2018.
i am not awarded with Laptop.
plz help us for taking laptop.
AOA sir.. Meri behn jo k aik taang se mazoor hy jis ki waja se shadi b nahi ho raha aor gher me beth kar Silai waghera ka kam karti hain.. Baiscaly hm bht ghareeb khanadan se hain aor ghr ka kharcha pora nahi hota.
Meri behn k pas disabled certificate b hy..
Sir kindly un k liy kuch Muqarar kejeyga..
Sir i,m disable person and student of aiou i,m not awarded laptop...plllzz help me
Sir i,m disable person.mane B.com kiya hua ha..
sir bat ya ha ke jo apne disable person k liye benefit likhe ha mujhe koi benefit nai detay.for example,50% concession in air, railway and road fares etc.
sir,please help me
or mane bht jaga apply kiya ha goverment job k liye or mujhe aj tak call nai aai..
Mein Disable Hn or Private Technical College me Parhata hn, Mere 3 bache b hein or mera ghr b Rent ka hai bohat mushkil se guzar basar hota hai. mere bache private school me prhte b hein, mujhe koi aisa link dein jo mje finance me help kr ske
Sir I am Disable student I have special person id card and I am not granted in any of the mention granted
R/sir may 05 bachon ka bap hoon mazoor hoon 2 bachy university 2 college our 1 bacha 10 sal say Mirgee ka mareez hay please govt: ka koiee notification agar ho binifit ka to send kardy may dowa go rahoonga
Now Special Persons can get free medical treatment.
Ministry of National Health Services, Regulations Coordination, Government of Pakistan has launched Sehat Insaf Card for Special Persons.
Assalam o Alaikum Sir hope so you will be fine.I am disabled student but i am not granted with any of the above mention.