CSS Exam - Essay Writing Tips for CSS
Essay paper of CSS Exam is considered the most difficult one. In fact, it is the make or break for a candidate. There are numerous candidates who secured more than 700 marks in written exam but could not get 40 marks in Essay Paper of CSS Exam. Essay paper requires special attention and preparation but it does not mean that it is impossible to pass. Concerted effort and proper preparation make it easy to pass. Essay is similar to speaking in concise & precise manner with the aim to convey the ideas & thoughts with proper justified grounds. We admire those speakers who present things in proper array similarly a good piece of writing should be properly arranged keeping the reader's attention and interest affixed on it.
How to Write an Essay for CSS
Here we try to get an idea how to write a piece of writing or essay in better way; particularly essay for CSS Exam.
- First impression is the last impression so the opening paragraph or introduction of an essay is the main ingredient to grasp the reader's attention and stance depicted in that essay. Introduction should contain plot & thesis around which the whole essay or a piece of writing is based. Consider the novels or fictions which are best seller; they consist of opening three or four pages intelligently crafted to keep the reader interested in the book till the very end. Whatever is written should be relevant and the purpose of all these method is to catch the attention of your reader.
- Traditional standards of correctness are the base of a good essay. Correct use of tenses, phrases, grammar, punctuation, proper verbs & adjectives, narration, idioms make an essay successful. The basic purpose of essay writing is to find out the candidate who may be able to produce text having subtlety, depth, a subtext, creativity, and clever (even poetic) use of language.
- A great opening line and an absorbing plot should start the essay; followed by the explanation of the subject matter leading to its merits & demerits ending with conclusion along with solutions & recommendations. The main theme of the topic should remain intact throughout. Short sentences work best from a single point of view. Strive for active rather than passive voice. Use strong verbs rather than adverbs.
- Shortlist 50 topics for essay preparation and then gather information about them from books, newspapers, articles and internet. Keep in touch with the current political and social issues on daily basis. Do not try to learn any essay but develop ideas and then express them on paper. Repeat this practice regularly.
CSS Essay Topics
The most repeated CSS Essay Topics with little modification, enhancement and change are given below:
- Women Empowerment
- Democracy V/s Dictatorship
- Energy Crisis
- Child Labor
- Political Instability
- United Nations
- Judicial System
- Nuclear Energy/ Arms
- Rule of Law
- India Pakistan Relationship
- Financial Issues of Pakistan
- Foreign Policy of Pakistan
- New World Order
- Clash of Civilization