Charge Nurse Jobs in SH&ME Department | Exam, Salary & Promotion
PPSC Charge Nurse Jobs haved been advertised on 13 October, 2019. Candidates both male/ female have been invited to apply for their recruitment against 5000 vacancies in the Specialized Healthcare and Medical Education Department, Government of the Punjab.
Here is brief discussion about requirements, job description, exam, salary, and promotion scope of a Charge Nurse.
Job Title: Charge Nurse
Basic Pay Scale: 16
Number of Vacancies: 5000 (Male 500 and 4500 Female)
Quota: 15 posts for special person & 25 posts for minority reserved for male candidates. Likewise, 135 posts for special person & 225 posts for minority reserved for female candidtes.
Nature of Post: Regular
Age Limit: Male: 21 to 28 + 05 = 33 years and Female: 21 to 28 + 08 = 36 years
Domicile Eligibility: Both male & female candidates should be domiciled in any district of Province of the Punjab.
Place of Posting: Hospitals / Health Facilities under Specialized healthcare & Medical Education Department and primary & Secondary Healthcare Department.
- BSc Nursing Generic (four years) and valid registration with Pakistan Nursing Council (PNC). Or
- In case of female candidates; Diploma in General Nursing and Midwifery and valid registration from Pakistan Nursing Council (PNC). In case of male candidates; Diploma in General Nursing with one year diploma in any specialized course in lieu of Midwifery and valid registration from Pakistan Nursing Council (PNC).
Note: Preference shall be given to the Graduate of government institutions.
- The candidates who had applied to PNC for registration of their Diplomas or BSc Nursing Generic on or before the closing date but;
- Registration Cards were issued after the closing date; or
- Registration Cards have not been issued so far;
shall be provisionally held eligible subject to the condition that such candidates shall have to produce documentary evidence properly stamped & signed by the Competent Authority of PNC that they have applied for such card on or before the closing date.
- The candidates who had applied to PNC for renewal of their expired registration card after the closing date shall also be held eligible.
Syllabus for Exam/ Test
One paper MCQ type written test of 100 marks and 90 minutes duration. The syllabus is as under:
- (80%) - Questions related to qualification
- (20%) - General Knowledge including Pakistan Studies, Current Affairs, Islamic Studies (Ethics for Non-Muslim), Geography, Basic Mathematics, English, Urdu, Everyday Science and Basic Computer Studies
- A candidate shall have to obtain 40% marks in each paper and 50% marks in the aggregate to qualify for interview. Thereafter, a candidate shall also secure 50% marks in the interview to be held eligible for final merit list of successful candidates.
- Negative marking shall be made and 0.25 marks shall be deducted for each incorrect answer in the MCQ papers
- Only three (03) chances are allowed to a candidate to appear in the examination
Charge Nurse Salary
Basic pay scale of Charge Nurse is 16 so he/ she gets his salary equal to BPS 16 along with allowances as admissible to other Punjab Government Employees. An estimated salary of newly appointed Charge Nurse may be as follow:
Basic Pay: 18,910
House Rent Allowance: 4,091
Conveyance Allowance: 5,000
Medical Allowance: 1,500
Adhoc Relief Allowances: 7,261
Total Estimated Salary: 36,712
Charge Nurse performs the following duties:
Incharge of Ward, Medical Unit or the place of posting under the supervision of Medical Officer
Promotion / Career Scope
- Charge Nurse is eligible for promotion as Head Nurse / Assistant Nursing Instructor (Basic Pay Scale 17) posts upon completion of 05 years service.
- Head Nurse / Assistant Nursing Instructor is eligible for promotion as Deputy Nursing Superintendent / Clinical Instructor/ Nursing Instructor upon completion of 05 years service.
- Nursing Superintendent / Clinical Instructor/ Nursing Instructor is eligible for promotion as Assistant Director Nursing / Nursing Superintendent / Equivalent Posts, Basic Pay Scale 18, upon completion of 06 years service.
- Assistant Director Nursing / Nursing Superintendent / Equivalent are eligible for promotion as Deputy Director Nursing/ Deputy Chief Nursing Superintendent / Equivalent Posts, Basic Pay Scale 19, having 12 years service in BS-17 & above.
How to Apply
- Deposit Rs.600/- under Head: "C02101- ORGANIZATIONS OF STATE-TEST FEE REALIZED BY THE PUNJAB PUBLIC SERVICE COMMISSION", in any Branch of State Bank of Pakistan or National Bank of Pakistan or Government Treasury on or before the closing date.
- No Bank Draft or Pay Order or Cheque or any such instrument is accepted.
- Applicants residing outside Pakistan, but having Domicile of the Punjab can deposit the fee at the Pakistani Embassy of residing country in the currency of that country equivalent to the amount of Application/ Test Fee prescribed for the post.
- Special persons are not required to deposit application fee.
- Applicants are required to submit "Online Application Form" at PPSC website.
Last date to apply is 28-10-2019 up to 12:00 AM (Midnight)