Charge Nurse Jobs in SH&ME Department | Exam, Salary & Promotion
Specialized Healthcare and Medical Education Department (SH&ME), Government of the Punjab, has sent its request to Punjab Public Service Commission (PPSC) for recruitment of 5000 candidates against the job vacancies of Charge Nurse in Basic Pay Scale 16. Hopefully, these jobs will be advertised soon as PPSC has placed these jobs at its upcoming-jobs list.
Here is brief discussion about requirements, job description, exam, salary, and promotion scope of a Charge Nurse.
Job Title: Charge Nurse
Basic Pay Scale: 16
Number of Vacancies: 5000
Place of Posting: Hospitals of Specialized Healthcare and Medical Education Department, Government of the Punjab.
Previously, Charge Nurse Jobs were advertised by PPSC in the year 2017 and following criteria and procedure was adopted:
As per Punjab Health Department Nursing Service Rules, 2014 the minimum qualification required for the jobs of Charge Nurse, is as under:
BSc Nursing Generic (Four Years) and valid Registration with Pakistan Nursing Council or
Diploma in General Nursing and Midwifery and valid Registration with Pakistan Nursing Council
Preference shall be given to Graduates from Government Institutes.
Minimum Experience: Nil
Age: Female 21 to 28+8 years
Domicile Eligibility: Only Punjab domiciled candidates can apply.
Syllabus for Exam
PPSC conducted one 100 marks paper of 90 minutes duration having syllabus related to the qualification of Post and General Knowledge.
- A candidate shall have to obtain 40% marks in each paper and 50% marks in the aggregate to qualify for interview. Thereafter, a candidate shall also secure 50% marks in the interview to be held eligible for final merit list of successful candidates.
- Negative marking shall be made and 0.25 marks shall be deducted for each incorrect answer in the MCQ papers
- Only three (03) chances are allowed to a candidate to appear in the examination
Charge Nurse Salary
Basic pay scale of Charge Nurse is 16 so she gets his salary equal to BPS 16 along with allowances as admissible to other Punjab Government Employees. An estimated salary of newly appointed Charge Nurse may be as follow:
Basic Pay: 18,910
House Rent Allowance: 4,091
Conveyance Allowance: 5,000
Medical Allowance: 1,500
Adhoc Relief Allowances: 7,261
Total Estimated Salary: 36,712
Charge Nurse performs the following duties:
Incharge of Ward, Medical Unit or the place of posting under the supervision of Medical Officer
Promotion / Career Scope
- Charge Nurse is eligible for promotion as Head Nurse / Assistant Nursing Instructor (Basic Pay Scale 17) posts upon completion of 05 years service.
- Head Nurse / Assistant Nursing Instructor is eligible for promotion as Deputy Nursing Superintendent / Clinical Instructor/ Nursing Instructor upon completion of 05 years service.
- Nursing Superintendent / Clinical Instructor/ Nursing Instructor is eligible for promotion as Assistant Director Nursing / Nursing Superintendent / Equivalent Posts, Basic Pay Scale 18, upon completion of 06 years service.
- Assistant Director Nursing / Nursing Superintendent / Equivalent are eligible for promotion as Deputy Director Nursing/ Deputy Chief Nursing Superintendent / Equivalent Posts, Basic Pay Scale 19, having 12 years service in BS-17 & above.
How to Apply
Candidates are required to register and submit their applications online at the website of PPSC. Online Applications will be accepted as and when these jobs are advertised by PPSC that is expected soon.