WMO Jobs in P&SHD, Exam, Salary and Promotion Scope
Primary and Secondary Healthcare Department (P&SHD) delivers quality healthcare services to the community through an efficient and effective service delivery system that is accessible, equitable, culturally acceptable, affordable and sustainable. P&SHD aims to improve the health and quality of life of all, particularly women and children, through access to essential health services. To run its hospitals and other health facilities, P&SHD recruits WMOs.
Women Medical Officer (WMO) Jobs
Primary & Secondary Health Department, Government of the Punjab, has requested Punjab Public Service Commission (PPSC) to start the process for recruitment of candidates against the vacancies of WMO in Basic Scale 17. PPSC has advertised 1000 job opportunities through its website and newspapers on 15.12.2019.
Job Title: Women Medical Officer (WMO)
Number of Posts: 1000 (Open Merit 920, Special Persons quota 30 and Minority quota 50)
Basic Pay Scale: 17
Post Nature: Regular (Appointment will be made on permanent basis)
Place of Posting: Anywhere in Punjab
Age Limit: Female: 22 to 50 Years. Age and sex of the transgender will be based on the contents of their CNIC.
Gender: Female and Transgender
Minimum Qualification / Experience
- MBBS Qualification recognized by Pakistan Medical and Dental Council/ Pakistan Medical Commission.
- Registered with Pakistan Medical and Dental Council/ Pakistan Medical Commission.
- Has one year experience of regular House job.
The candidates who had applied to PMDC/ Pakistan Medical Commission for full Registration of their MBBS degrees registration on or before the closing date but;
- PMDC/ Pakistan Medical Commission Registration Certificates were issued after the closing date; Or
- PMDC/ Pakistan Medical Commission Registration Certificates have not been issued so far; will be held eligible subject to the condition that such candidates shall have to produce documentary evidence properly stamped and signed by the Competent Authority that they have applied for such registration on or before the closing date.
- The candidates who had valid PMDC/ Pakistan Medical Commission Registration on or before closing date but their registration has expired on or before the date of interview and they had applied to PMDC/ Pakistan Medical Commission for renewal of their expired registration after the closing date shall also be held eligible. However, if a candidate had expired PMDC/ Pakistan Medical Commission registration on or before the closing date and he had applied to PMDC/ Pakistan Medical Commission for renewal of his expired PMDC/ Pakistan Medical Commission registration after the closing date shall not be held eligible.
- Provisional PMDC/ Pakistan Medical Commission registration certificate for house job only shall not be acceptable for eligibility.
PPSC Exam Procedure
PPSC takes Interviews of the Candidates and sends its recommendations in respect of qualified candidates to the Primary and Secondary Healthcare Department.
How to Apply
Firstly, deposit Rs.600/- under Head:"C02101- ORGANIZATIONS OF STATE-TEST FEE REALIZED BY THE PUNJAB PUBLIC SERVICE COMMISSION", in any Branch of State Bank of Pakistan or National Bank of Pakistan or Government Treasury on or before the Closing Date of submission of applications. However, Special Persons are not required to deposit application fee.
Then apply online at PPSC website http://www.ppsc.gop.pk by submitting "On-line Application Form". Applicants should fill in the On-line Application Form carefully in the light of the Guidelines and Instructions mentioned in the Advertisement.
Candidates may apply on or before 30-12-2019 up to 12:00 AM (Midnight).
Job Description of WMO
- As a Woman Medical Officer, the incumbent will be responsible for patients care during routine OPD checkups and keep record of each patient; conduct ante natal & post-natal clinics.
- Appropriate referrals of patients and follow up; coordinate with Field office regularly and provide reports on daily activities to the management.
- Provide immediate report/s of suspected epidemic diseases; examine patients to determine medical problem, utilize physical findings and patient's statements for better care and proper treatment.
- Ensures that relevant health education is carried out to patients' according to the situation.
- Coordinate with Program Supervisor's in routine on OPD and mobile team related matters and provide HMIS data on daily basis to relevant stakeholders.
- Supervise & monitor the activities of LHVs and Dispenser regularly.
- Adhere to organization Code of Conduct and internationally accepted humanitarian principles.
- Act in a respectful and culturally sensitive manner towards other colleagues & community.
A fresh Woman Medical Officer with Basic Pay Scale-17 gets salary in accordance with Government of Pakistan Pay Scales. Women Medical OfficerBS-17 usually gets salary nearly Rs. 70,000/- per month including the Special Healthcare Allowance Rs.10,000, Health Professional Allowance 20,000 and Non-Practicing Allowance Rs.4,000 per month.
Promotion Scope of WMO
The post of a Woman Medical Officer is governed by Punjab Primary Healthcare Department Service Rules. As per rules, the career / promotion scope of WMO is as under:
Step 1: Woman Medical Officer, Basic Scale 17, is eligible for promotion as Senior Registrar / Assistant Professor in Basic Scale 18 after 03 years service.
Step 2: Senior Registrar / Assistant Professor, Basic Scale 18, is eligible for promotion as Associate Professor/ Additional Medical Superintendent (AMS)/ Medical Superintendent (MS) in Basic Scale 19 after 12years service.
Step 3: Associate Professor / AMS/ MS, Basic Scale 19, is eligible for promotion as Chief Executive Officer (CEO)/ Professor / MS in Basic Scale 20 after 19 years service in Basic Scale 17 and above.