- Limitless Career Opportunities

How to Complaint against an NGO

Last update: October 25, 2018


In Pakistan, Balochistan, KPK, Punjab and Sindh Provincial Governments control and register NGOs under Voluntary Social Welfare Agencies (Registration & Control) Ordinance, 1961. The government registration authorities scrutinize the cases of new registration. These authorities formulate and implement inspection, monitoring and evaluation mechanism of NGOs. These authorities also keep follow-up of audit and accounts of NGOs. So, if an NGO violates rules, public can go to complaint against it. The complainant should submit his complaint with facts and copy of CNIC to the concerned registration authority.

In Punjab Province, according to Government of the Punjab, Rules of Business 1974, Social Welfare & Bait ul Maal Department, is responsible for the administration of the VSWA(R&C) Ordinance 1961. So, if NGO is found doing an unlawful activity a complaint against it can be launched in Social Welfare & Bait ul Maal (SW&BM) Department. Here are step by step guidelines to do so:

Guidelines to Complaint against NGO:

  1. Prepare a facts-based complaint with CNIC and signature of the complainer.
  2. Submit the complaint in the Office of Registration Authority of the NGO. Here is hierarchy of registration authorities in SW&BM Department:
    1. If the NGO has got its registration at district level then its registration authority would be Deputy Director, SW&BM of the same district where NGO is working.
    2. If the NGO has got its registration at division level then its authority would be Divisional Director, SW&BM of the same division where NGO is working.
    3. If the NGO has got its registration at Province level then its authority would be Director General, SW&BM, Punjab, Lahore.
  3. If the complainant does not know Registration Authority of NGO in question, the complaint can be submitted to Secretary, Social Welfare & Bait ul Maal Department or Director General, Social Welfare & Bait ul Maal.

Complaint Process:

On receiving the complaint, the authority enquires the matter and is satisfied that registered NGO has been responsible for any irregularity in respect of its funds or for any miss administration in the conduct of its affairs or has failed to comply with the provisions of VSWA(R&C) Ordinance, 1961 or the rules made there under, may dissolve the NGO; or suspend the governing body of NGO or otherwise.

Ghayoor ul Haq is a university student. He has passion of social welfare.

Leave Your Comments

Your email address will not be published. All fields are required.

Email Address:

Who we are? is an effort of lofty aspirants. We voluntarily bridge seekers with employers and other career building sources.