Social Welfare Officer Jobs | Job Description, Promotion & Salary
Social Welfare & Bait ul Maal Department, Punjab provides social protection, institutional care, rehabilitation and skill development to the marginalized sections of the society. These communities include women, orphans, widows, senior citizens, destitute, transgender and persons with disability (PWDs). Social Welfare Department also provides financial assistance to the destitute through its Bait ul Maal Wing. Besides, this department registers NGOs to provide community development services and relief during calamities and emergency situations. To deliver its services throughout Punjab Province, Social Welfare Department deputes Social Welfare Officer (SWO)/ Medical Social Officer (MSO), Manager, Superintendent, Deputy Director, Director etc. The department has requested PPSC to make new recruit against the vacant posts.
Social Welfare Officer Jobs
The PPSC has placed Social Welfare Officer Jobs in its upcoming jobs list. So, the advertisement of Social Welfare Officer/ Medical Social Officer jobs will be published soon:
Job Title: Social Welfare Officer/ Medical Social Officer
Number of Posts: 52 (39 Merit Quota, 02 Special Person Quota, 03 Minority, 08 Women Quota)
Basic Pay Scale: 17
Post Nature: Contract (Appointment will be made on contract basis for period of 5 years)
Place of Posting: Anywhere in Punjab
Age Limit: 21 to 30 years.
Age Relaxation: 5 years general age relaxation for male, 8 years for female and 10 years for disabled person.
Gender: Male, Female and Transgender
Minimum Qualification / Skills / Experience
- Master's Degree at least 2nd Division in Social Work/ Sociology / Rural Sociology / Women Studies / Gender Studies / Anthropology from recognized University
- No experience required.
- Leadership qualities, administrative ability, communication skills, financial responsibility, decisiveness, writing skills and management skills etc.
In the last exam of Social Welfare Officers by PPSC the written test was of 100 marks. The contents of the paper (80% marks) included social work/ sociology / rural sociology / women studies / gender studies / anthropology etc and remaining 20% marks included general knowledge.
How to Apply
Candidates will be allowed to apply online at http://www.ppsc.gop.pk as and when the Social Welfare Officer jobs are advertised by the PPSC.
Job Description of Social Welfare Officer
- To mobilize community development in collaboration with NGOs civil society.
- Capacity building of voluntary Social Welfare agencies/ NGOs and to provide professional guidance and implementation of their schemes.
- To plan organize and coordinate social development activities like national days, tree plantation and creation social awareness.
- To carry out the instruction of the department to be issued from time to time.
- To conduct surveys when required and to undertake emergency relief work in collaboration with NGOs and civil society.
- Any other assignment given by the seniors.
Job Description of Medical Social Officer
- To organize and supervise Patients Welfare Society in the Hospital.
- To organize Voluntary Hospital Visiting Committees and to also promote Health Welfare Committees.
- To establish drug banks for poor patients in cooperation with Zakat/ Bait-ul-Maal Department and philanthropists.
- To organize camps for collection of blood donation through motivation and to maintain a list of blood donors with their blood group and RH factor.
- To guide the patients about the availability of artificial limbs free of cost or at minimal process and also arrange for eye glasses for the needy patients through donations.
- Maintenance of record of their activities, cases histories, donations and medicines.
- Disposal of unclaimed dead bodies / arrange transportation and funeral for destitute patients.
Salary of Social Welfare Officer/ Medical Social Officer
A fresh Social Welfare Officer / Medical Social Officer with Basic Pay Scale-17 gets salary in accordance with Government of Pakistan Pay Scales. An estimated salary of Social Welfare Officer is Rs.55,000/- per month including Allowances.
Promotion Scope of Social Officer / Medical Social Officer
The post of a Social Welfare Officer / Medical Social Officer is governed by Social Welfare & Bait ul Maal Department Service Rules. As per rules, the career / promotion scope of Social Welfare Officer / Medical Social Officer is as under:
Step 1: Social Welfare Officer / Medical Social Officer, Basic Scale 17, is eligible for promotion as Deputy Director/ District Officer (Social Welfare)/ Manager in Basic Scale 18 after 05 years service as such. Training course from MPDD is mandatory for promotion.
Step 2: Deputy Director/ District Officer (Social Welfare), Basic Scale 18, is eligible for promotion as Director in Basic Scale 19 after 12 years service in Basic Scale 17 and above of which 4 years service should be in Basic Scale 18. Training course from MPDD is mandatory for promotion.
Step 3: Director, Basic Scale 19, is eligible for promotion as Director General in Basic Scale 20 after 17 years service against posts in Basic Scale 17 and above of which at least years service should be in Basic Scale 19. Training course from MPDD is mandatory for promotion.
Can you share valid past papers for the said post?
your post is very informative and best guidance for us.
sir, please guide for preparation of exam and success.
sir please share job description of auxiliary worker in different setting
With due respect, I want to ask you that those students who have done their masters in psychology can apply for this or not?