Officer Grade-1 Jobs in State Bank of Pakistan
State Bank of Pakistan performs both the traditional and developmental functions to achieve macro-economic goals.
Ever since its establishment, the State Bank of Pakistan, besides discharging its traditional functions of regulating money and credit, has played an active developmental role to promote the realization of macro-economic goals.
State Bank of Pakistan-Banking Services Corporation (SBP-BSC)
Established under the SBP-BSC Ordinance 2001, SBP-BSC supports SBP in performing functions such as handling of currency and credit management, facilitating the inter-bank settlement system, and sale/purchase of savings instruments of the Government on behalf of Central Directorate of National Savings. SBP-BSC also collects revenue and makes payments for and on behalf of the Government.
SBP-BSC consists of 16 field offices in all over Pakistan with the head office in Karachi.
Induction in State Bank of Pakistan
Induction in State Bank of Pakistan as an officer is a very good pavement for a prosperous and progressive career. In the recent years, State Bank of Pakistan has been inducting Officers Grade-I and Assistant Director Officer Grade-II through open competition either on the basis of test conducted by Institute of Bankers Association (IBA) or National Testing Service (NTS). Fresh Graduates and Masters Degree holders are appointed against the posts of Officers Grade-I and Assistant Director Officer Grade-II. Prior to field posting, they undergo Applied Focused Theoretical Training (residential) at National Institute of Banking and Finance (NIBAF), Islamabad.
Vacancies of Officer Grade-I (OG-I) are filled by the State Bank of Pakistan either through the IBA or NTS and suitable candidates are appointed against the posts of the Officer Grade-I (OG-I) in 16 branches of State Bank located at different cities of Pakistan.
Method of Recruitment of Officer Grade-1 (OG-1)
Posts of Officer Grade-I is filled by initial recruitment.
Bachelors Degree with 14 years of education in any discipline from universities / institutes recognized by HEC or reputable foreign universities. In case the degree is obtained from a foreign university, equivalence certificate from HEC is to be submitted by candidates at the time of interview to validate that they possess 14 years of education, failing to do so shall make the applicant ineligible against the said position. Candidates awaiting final results as of last date of submission of applications are not eligible to apply. Individuals having Bachelors / Masters Degree with more than 14 years of education will not be considered.
24 years for all candidates and 03 years relaxation for Gilgit Baltistan, Azad Kashmir, whereas 05 years for employees of State Bank of Pakistan and other banks.
Officer Grade-1 (OG-1) Exam
NTS generally conducts one paper test comprising of 100 marks comprising of English, Analytical Reasoning, Basic Mathematics, and General Knowledge. percent of the subject material and 20% of the English. The successful candidates, who pass NTS exam, are interviewed by the Panel of State Bank of Pakistan and finally selected candidates are appointed against the post of Officer Grade-I (OG-I).
Pre-Induction Training of Officer Grade-1 (OG-1)
After qualifying the selection process and completion of all pre-induction formalities including medical and psychological examination, the selected candidates shall be required to undergo "Theoretical Training" (residential) at National Institute of Banking and Finance (NIBAF), Islamabad. The trainees who successfully complete and qualify the theoretical training will be offered appointment as Officer Grade-1.
Job Description of Officer Grade-1 (OG-1)
- Desk Duties.
- Official work relating to Bank work.
- Online Working.
- Policy formulation.
Promotion Scope of Officer Grade-1 (OG-1)
SBP BSC is a dynamic organization that provides excellent career opportunities to the candidates desirous of building a long-term career. Officer Grade-1 can enjoy following promotions:
- Officer Grade-I is promoted as Assistant Director Grade-II officer after 05 years of regular service.
- An Assistant Director Grade-II officer is promoted as Deputy Director upon completion of 05 years service.
- Deputy Director is eligible for promotion as Director upon completion of 15 years service as such.
Salary / Compensation of Officer Grade-1 (OG-1)
- During training, the trainees are paid a monthly stipend of Rs.24,5000-/ in addition to free boarding and lodging facility at NIBAF, Islamabad. Employees of SBP BSC, if selected, will draw their usual emoluments in addition to admissible daily / incidental allowance for training at NIBAF, Islamabad.
- Upon successful completion of training, the trainees shall be offered appointment as officer (OG-1) at a consolidated monetized salary of Rs.49,000/- per month alongwith other perks and benefits as per Bank's rules.
Benefits for State Bank Employees
Other than salary, the employees of State Bank of Pakistan indulge following benefits:
- Free medical treatment for officer & his family
- Scholarships for children of State Bank employees
- Interest free loan
To strengthen its HR Team, SBP BSC has invited applications from talented Pakistani / AJK nationals to join it as Officer Grade-1
Closing Date: Monday, 11th March 2019.
How to Apply
Below is a procedure for Registration for written test and submission of Application Form
Interested candidates meeting eligibility criteria are required to register themselves with SBP BSC / NTS for appearing in the written test as per following procedure:
- For Application Form and Deposit Slip Click on "Online Application Form". Read the instructions carefully and register yourself by signing up to fill the Online Application form at NTS website.
- Take the print out of Form along with fee deposit slip.
- Deposit test fee of Rs. 300/- for NTS testing service through deposit slip at any online branch of ABL, MCB, HBL or MBL.
- Send Application Form along with original NTS copy of deposit slip to Senior Joint Director, Talent Resourcing Division, Human Resource Management Department, SBP Banking Services Corporation, State Bank of Pakistan, Head Office, I. I. Chundrigar Road, Karachi by March 11, 2019.
- SBP BSC/NTS will not be responsible for late receipt of applications through post. Applications submitted in person or sent through e-mail will not be entertained.
- Eligible candidates shall be sent admit cards by NTS at their postal addresses to appear in the written test to be held at designated test centers.
- SBP BSC/NTS will upload the test results at their respective websites. The test results will also be sent to candidates at their postal addresses.
Test Date: Shall be announced in due course
Sample Paper: Shall be available in due course
sir what is duration of pre training course at Islamabad Institute of Baking