Accountant Jobs in National Highways & Motorway Police Pakistan
National Highways & Motorway Police (NHMP) is the custodian of traffic and transportation management on Highways of Pakistan. NHMP works under Ministry of Communications, Government of Pakistan.
Accountant Jobs Announcement
National Highways & Motorways Police has requisitioned Federal Public Service Commission (FPSC) to start the process for recruitment of candidates against the 10 posts of Accountants. FPSC has announced these jobs at its website and through national newspapers on 1st December, 2019.
Job Title: Accountant
Basic Pay Scale: 16
Job Type: Temporary, likely to be permanent
Total Positions: 10
Place of Posting: Accountant can be posted at anywhere in Pakistan.
Qualification and other requirements for the posts of Accountant are as under:
Second Class or Grade C Bachelor's Degree in Commerce or Qualified as SAS/ AAT (PIFRA); Or Professional Examination of Institute of Cost and Management Accountants of Pakistan (ICMAP) / Foundation Examination of Institute of Chartered Accountants of Pakistan.
Age Limit: 20 to 28 plus five (05) years general relaxation in upper age limit (Max age limit 33 Years).
Gender: Both Male and Female candidates are eligible.
Domicile / Quota: Open Merit 01, Punjab 06, Sindh 01, Khyber Pakhtunkhawa 01 & GB FATA 01
Accountant Exam Procedure
FPSC takes following steps to finalize the recruitment of an Accountant:
- Usually FPSC conducts one paper comprising of 100 marks to shortlist the candidates.
- Shortlisted candidates are called for Interview.
- FPSC sends its recommendations to the National Highways & Motorways Police Department in respect of qualified candidates.
- Finally National Highways & Motorways Police Department issues appointment orders to the FPSC recommendees enabling them to join the NHMP.
How to Apply
Firstly, deposit Rs.300/- under Head:"C02101- ORGANS OF STATE EXAMINATION FEE REALIZED BY FPSC", in any Branch of State Bank of Pakistan or National Bank of Pakistan or Government Treasury on or before the Closing Date of submission of applications.
Then apply online at FPSC website http://www.fpsc.gop.pk by submitting "On-line Application Form". Applicants should fill in the On-line Application Form carefully in the light of the Guidelines and Instructions mentioned in the Advertisement.
Closing Date: Candidates may apply on or before 16-12-2019 up to 12:00 AM (Midnight).
Syllabus of Accountant Exam
MCQ Type Written Test of 100 Marks is conducted. Syllabus is uploaded by the FPSC at its website as and when it announces the schedule for Accountant Exam. Generally the contents of the paper include General Knowledge including Pakistan Studies, Current Affairs, Islamic Studies (Ethics for Non-Muslim Candidates), Geography, Basic Mathematics, English, Urdu, Everyday Science and Basic Computer Studies.
Job Description of Accountant
The job description of the Accountant is to keep the accounts of National Highways & Motorways Police line with the prescribed manner and keep check on any kind of irregularity. The main tasks of job are as under:
- Preparing financial documents such as invoices, bills, and accounts payable and receivable
- Completing purchase orders
- Managing payroll
- Completing financial reports on a regular basis and providing information to the finance team
- Assisting with budgets
- Completing bank reconciliations
- Entering financial information into appropriate software programs
- Managing company ledgers
- Processing business expenses
- Coordinating internal and external audits
- Verifying balances in account books and rectifying discrepancies
- Verifying bank deposits
- Managing day-to-day transactions
- Recording office expenditures and ensuring these expenses are within the set budget
- Assisting the finance department and senior accounting staff members with various tasks, including preparing budgets, records, and statements
- Posting daily receipts
- Preparing annual budgets
- Completing the year-end analysis
- Reporting on debtors and creditors
- Handling accruals and prepayments
- Managing monthly budgeting tasks
- Encoding accounting entries for data processing
- Sorting financial documents and posting them to the proper accounts
- Reviewing computer reports for accuracy and meticulously tracing errors back to their source
- Resolving errors in financial reports and correcting faulty reporting methods
Want to know, what is salary of an accountant? A fresh Accountant with Basic Pay Scale 16 gets salary in accordance with Government of Pakistan Pay Scales. Accountant usually gets salary nearly Rs. 45,000/- per month.