Senior Headmaster & Senior Headmistress Jobs | Salary & Promotion Scope
To fill up its vacant posts of Senior Headmasters and Senior Headmistresses, School Education Department, Government of the Punjab has requested Punjab Public Service Commission (PPSC) to recruit suitable candidates.
Lastly, the recruitment of Sr. Headmasters / Sr. Headmistresses was made by the PPSC in the year 2016. Now again, PPSC has placed these posts at its website in Upcoming-Jobs list to start recruitment process. PPSC may advertise these posts soon.
Post Title: Senior Headmaster / Senior Headmistress.
Basic Pay Scale: 18
Number of Posts: 98 Senior Headmasters and 95 Senior Headmistresses
Requirements for Senior Headmaster / Senior Headmistress
As per Punjab School Education Department (School Education) Service Rules, 2014, the minimum qualification for the posts of Senior Headmaster / Senior Headmistress is as under:
- M.Phil (Arts or Science) (second division) from a recognized university
- M.Ed, M.A (Education) or B.Ed (second division) from a recognized university.
- Five years' experience of administration, teaching or both in an institution recognized by an education board or any university.
Minimum Experience: Five years' experience of administration, teaching or both in an institution.
Age: Male 28 to 35+5 years and Female 28 to 35+8 years
Gender: Male, Female & Transgender
Domicile Eligibility: Only Punjab domiciled candidates can apply
Place of Posting: Anywhere in Punjab
Syllabus for Written Examination / Test
As per PPSC previous advertisement for the posts of Senior Headmaster / Senior Headmistress published in 2016, the syllabus for written exam / test was as follow:
One paper MCQ type of 100 marks of 90 minutes duration comprising of followings was held:
- B.Ed Course.
- Questions on principles of teaching.
- General Knowledge, English, Basic Mathematics, Everyday Science, Islamiat, Pakistan Studies and Computer.
Salary of Senior Headmaster / Senior Headmistress
Salary of Senior Headmaster / Senior Headmistress is equal to Basic Pay Scale 18 along with allowances as admissible to other Punjab Government Employees . New recruit may get following salary:
Basic Pay: 38,350
House Rent Allowance: 8,715
Conveyance Allowance: 5,000
Medical Allowance: (15% of Basic Pay), 1,847
Adhoc Relief Allowance 2016 10%: 3,189
Adhoc Relief Allowance 2017 10%: 3,835
Adhoc Relief Allowance 2018 10%: 3,835
Social Security Allowance 30%: 11,505 (in case of contract appointment)
Grand Salary: 76,276
Duties and responsibilities of Senior Headmaster / Senior Headmistress are as under:
- Supervision of instructional work is the most important function of the Headmaster
- Upgrade the quality of education through creative, cooperative and constructive supervision
- Overall incharge of his/ her school
- Responsible for all the matters of his/ her school
- Responsible for the financial matters of his / her school
- Responsible for results of different classes of hi s/ her school
- Responsible for submission of reports to DDEO and Higher offices
Senior Headmaster / Senior Headmistress may also enjoy the posting as Deputy District Education Officer (DDEO), Grade-18.
Step 1: Senior Headmaster and Senior Headmistress is eligible for promotion as CEO, District Education Authority (previously known as EDO Education) in Grade-19 after completion of 07 years of regular service and six weeks training course.
Step 2: CEO is further eligible for promotion as Director Public Instruction (SE/ EE)/ Additional Director Instruction (SE/EE)/ Director of Directorate of Public Instruction (SE/EE), Principal High / Higher Secondary School and other posts of Grade 20 after completion of 12 years service in Grade 18 and above and completion of eight weeks training course.
M.Phil / MPhil: stands for Master of Philosophy (Latin Magister Philosophiae or Philosophiae Magister)
M.Ed / Ed.M: stands for Master of Education (Latin Magister Educationis or Educationis Magister)
M.A: stands for Master of Arts (degree)
B.Ed: stands for Bachelor of Education
EDO: stands for Executive District Officer
CEO: stands for Chief Executive Officer
DDEO: stands for Deputy District Education Officer