PMS Exam - Syllabus Outlines of Urdu (Essay, Precis, Comprehension & Translation) Subject
Urdu (Essay, Precis, Comprehension & Translation) Subject in PMS Exam is one of compulsory subjects. Syllabus Outlines of Urdu (Essay, Precis, Comprehension & Translation) Subject for PMS Exam 2020 as defined by Punjab Public Service Commission (PPSC) Lahore is as under:
- Candidates would be required to write an essay in Urdu of about 1000 words. A wide choice of topics will be given in the question paper. The topics may include those on issues related to education, economy, foreign policy, governance, human rights, constitution, law & order and other socio-economic issues related to Pakistan and topics of general nature.
- The candidates are expected to reflect a clear understanding of the topic, conceptual clarity and logical reasoning. Candidate's articulation, expression and correct use of Urdu language will be examined.
- Urdu Precis and Comprehension: The examination will essentially test the ability of the candidates to handle precis writing, comprehension, syntax, translation, grammar, vocabulary, etc.
- Precis Writing: A passage of generic nature with enough room for compression shall be given for writing a precis and suggesting a suitable topic.
- Comprehension: A carefully selected passage, which is rich in substance but not specific to any discipline, shall be given followed by five questions requiring answers from the passage itself.
- Grammar & Vocabulary: Questions relating to correct usage of tense, articles, prepositions, conjunctions, punctuations, verbs shall be given.
- Sentence Correction: Sentences may be given, each having a flaw in grammar, punctuations or use of capitals. Candidates shall be expected to correct them without making unnecessary alterations.
- Grouping of Words & Pair of Words: Words, chosen randomly, may be given that need to be grouped by candidates in pairs having similar or opposite meaning, use of idioms and proverbs as may be clearly directed in the question, antonyms, synonyms, etc.
- Translation: A short passage in English that may contain figurative or idiomatic expressions, shall be given for an accurate translation into Urdu.
Total Number / Marks of Urdu (Essay, Precis, Comprehension & Translation): 100
Resp. Sir Habib Aoa, plz send me the exact Urdu compulsory syllabus for PMS 2020, thanks a lot, waiting
Dear Asad Khan Urdu compulsory syllabus for PMS 2020 would be same as narrated above. Reportedly, PPSC is not going to change Urdu Compulsory Syllabus Outlines for PMS 2020.
Suggest book for urdu
Dear sir! Pls suggest to me and elaborate the difference between urdu compulsory and urdu optional subject syllabus. Can i chose the urdu optional subject as well compulsory.
In Urdu optional and compulsory paper which language use. Urdu or English
Suggest me some book for urdu and tell me the difference between urdu optional n urdu compulsory?