Patrol Officer Jobs in National Highways & Motorways Police Pakistan
Since, the construction of Motorways, Pakistan Motorway Police has been looking after the traffic and regulating the movement of commuters on it. It is considered to be the most efficient & disciplined Police Force of the country. Government of the Pakistan has made all efforts to give staff of Motorways Police the best available resources and incentives so that the same remains on the prescribed standards.
Jobs of Patrol Officers (Basic Scale - 14) are announced time to time by National Highways & Motorways Police Pakistan (NH&MP), Ministry of Communications, Islamabad through Federal Public Service Commission (FPSC) to make appointments of Patrol Officers against the vacant seats. The Physical Standard of Fitness and Educational requirements for Patrol Officer Jobs are as under:
Physical Standard of Fitness for Patrol Officer:
- Minimum Height: for Male 5'-8" & for Female: 5'-4" (for candidates of Balochistan height is relaxable by 2" for male and by 1" for female).
- Minimum Chest Measurement: 33" - 35" (Relaxable by 1").
Age Limit for Patrol Officer: 18-25 years plus five (5) years general relaxation in upper age limit (No further age relaxation beyond 30 years is admissible for any category including government servants).
Applicant Gender: Both male and female candidates are eligible.
Technical Qualification for Patrol Officer: Car and Motorcycle driving proficiency required.
Educational Qualification: Second Class or Grade 'C' Bachelor's Degree.
Eligibility for Patrol Officer: The Eligibility of shortlisted candidates with regard to (i) Physical Standard of Fitness (ii) Car and Motorcycle driving proficiency is determined on the basis of Medical Examination and driving test to be arranged / conducted by the NHMP.
Recruitment Process against Patrol Officer Jobs
- FPSC conducts exam of patrol officers in coordination with Pakistan Motorway Police.
- One paper (MCQs based) comprising of 100 Marks.
- Medical Examination and driving test arranged/ conducted by the NHMP.
- Interview of the shortlisted candidates.
- FPSC sends its recommendations of successful candidates to the NHMP for issuance of appointment orders.
Training of Patrol Officer
Training of Patrol Officers after appointment is conducted as prescribed by the NHMP.
Job Description of Patrol Officer
Job responsibility of Patrol Officer, National Highways & Motorways Police is to regulate the traffic on Highways & Motorways. Keep the area under jurisdiction as per standards. Speed checking, helping the commuters and aiding the injured.
Patrol Officer Salary / Benefits
- The salary of Patrol Officer is equal to Basic Scale-14 and other allowances as admissible to other government employees.
- Facility of government residence at place of duty.
Promotion Scope of Patrol Officer
The Patrol Officer, Basic Scale-14, is eligible for promotion to the rank of Senior Patrol Officer (Basic Scale-16) after five years of service and completion of training prescribed by NHMP Pakistan.
On 06.01.2019 through newspapers, FPSC has announced 430 vacancies of Patrol Officer on temporary basis likely to be permanent in National Highways & Motorway Police, Ministry of Communications for fresh candidates and already employed in NHMP. Its closing date to apply is 21st January, 2019. The posts of Patrol Officer against departmental quota are reserved for selection from amongst graduate APOs/ JPOs of NHMP.
Syllabus and Exam
FPSC has given syllabus for Patrol Officer Exam recently with following test specification and topics:
Objective Type Test (MCQ)
- Part-I English = 20 marks
- Grammar usage, Sentence structuring
- Part-II General Intelligence Test = 80 marks
- Basic Arithmetic
- Current Affairs
- Pakistan Affairs & Islamic Studies
- Everyday / General Science
(Equal weightage for each topic at Part-II)
The date of exam (admission test) is awaited. The exam date will be placed here as and when the FPSC schedules it.
How to Prepare for Patrol Officer Jobs
For Patrol Officer Exam, candidate has to attempt MCQs based paper of 100 Marks. Candidates should:
- Study English, Pak Affairs, Islamiat, General Knowledge, Everyday Science and basic Mathematics.
- Watch CNN, BBC and other informative channels
- Read Newspaper.
- Consult books for such papers available in markets.
Aoa, I am doing Electrical Engneering (6th Semstor) BSEE. M i eligible for this post?