How to Get Government Financial Assistance for Education
It is an acknowledged truth that education is one of the basic needs of every human being. Education plays a key role in nation building. Development without education is impossible and unattainable. So getting education is a basic need and right of each individual of the society. Unfortunately, there are number of students and families in Pakistan who are longing for studies but are unable to get education because of their financial constraints. To help such poor and deserving students, Social Welfare and Bait-ul-Maal Department, Government of Punjab, Lahore has established Bait-ul-Maal Council and District Bait-ul-Maal Committees (DBMC) at each district of the Punjab. These District Bait-ul-Maal offices provide financial help to the students in shape of educational stipends. The financial assistance is granted to the students on first come first deserve basis.
Who is Eligible for Educational Financial Aid
If the student is eligible to meet the following criteria and requirements, the Bait-ul-Maal is likely to approve his application as per government's scheme:
- Any student (male/ female) who is poor, orphan, destitute, insolvent or deserving can apply.
- The student who is studying in Government institute in middle school (6th class - 8th), college, industrial training institute or university can apply for educational stipends.
- The children of Government officials (up to BS-15) can apply for need based scholarship for one or more children, if they have not obtained such scholarship from Benevolent Fund or any other such fund.
- Need based scholarships and financial assistance is not attached with subject selection. However, the students of ICS,BCS, MCS, IT and other professional courses will be preferred to arts students
- Scholarships will be granted separately for each level and courses in the Industrial Training Institutes, Colleges and Universities.
- Need based scholarships are restricted only to the students of Government Educational Institutions, Industrial Training Institutions and such other institutions being run by the non-trading registered NGOs.
- The previous result certificate must indicate obtaining of 50% marks. However, the students of Industrial Training Institutions are exempted from this condition and scholarship is to be granted on merit basis. The students up to middle level are also exempted from the condition of 50% marks.
Who is Ineligible for Such Monetary Help?
- The students studying abroad are ineligible for grant of need based scholarship from Bait-ul-Maal, Punjab.
- The students studying in private sector institutes are not entitled for this need based scholarships.
How to Apply for Financial Help?
- Application form can be obtained from the nearest office of DBMC. The residents of Lahore can visit to the office of their relevant DBMC or the Deputy Administrator, Punjab Bait-ul-Maal Council, 41-Empress Road, Lahore near Shimla Pahari (Phone No.042-99204157 and Fax: 042-36360023). Students other than Lahore can approach to the DBMC of their district or trace its address or contact number from aforementioned phone number.
- Parents, guardians or students themselves (if he has his national identity card) can apply. Copy of national identity card is necessary.
- Admission certificate issued by the Head of the institution concerned is compulsory for grant of need based scholarship and financial assistance.
- Study documentary evidence is required to be attached with the application form.
- Orphan children shall enclose death certificate of their father with the application form for the claim.
- Special children/handicapped students shall enclose medical certificate issued from the medical superintendents of DHQ or THQ indicating the nature of disability/injury.
- For need based scholarship monthly income certificate of parents/guardian must be enclosed with the application.
How This Educational Stipend is Paid?
- Scholarships disbursement shall be on annual basis after fulfilling all the codal formalities.
- Educational scholarships shall be issued on annual basis as per the duration of the course. Disbursement of scholarship shall be made through cheque in the name of the parents/guardian; however the students shall be informed accordingly.
- DBMC can recover the scholarship money from any student without telling reason, when the committee satisfied that scholarship was obtained fraudulently and the documents were fake.
How Much Time It Takes for Approval of Scholarship/ Financial Assistance?
The testimonials of the applicants are to be verified by the Representative of Bait-ul-Maal which is to be completed more or less in one week depending on number of applications. Only complete and verified applications are to be placed in DBMC's meeting for its final approval. Usually, the Committee meets in every month to give approvals.
Ratio and Criteria for Educational Stipends
|Name of Class/ Course||Per Month Amount for Non Boarders||Per Month Amount for Boarders|
|Middle classes (6th to 8th class)||Rs.400||-|
|College Level (FA/ F.Sc & ICS)||Rs.2000||Rs.2500|
|University Level (BA/B.Sc) B.Sc Eng.||Rs.2500||Rs.3000|
|MA/ MSC/ M.Com||Rs.3000||Rs.4000|
|Vocational Educational / Training Institute Level||Rs.1500||Rs.2000|
I am studying BS(honour) food science and nutrition in government university Faisalabad. My father is farmer. I have five sisters and one brother. My father cannot afford my expenses. I want to continuous my study. please help me.
I am a student of DVM. I am orphan and I cant afford my expenditures.
Is this for only Punjab? If it so? Can I ask why not for Sindh?
Its Punjab Government initiative. Hopefully, Sindh Government has its own social welfare projects in the province.
My name is meeran... i am the student of lcwu studing statistics... i am in 6th semester.. i jst need financial help until my bachelor's .. i am parentless.. there is no way of earning.. i need financial help for one year after completing my bachelors i do the jo
My father is dead I need financial assistance for mba. I still not take admission at anywhere because I can not afford... plzzz help me I want to study
My father is a farmer plys he has heart problem also and we are 3 bro and 6 sisters. 2 are married. All brothers are studying and my father hardly provide our fees. Elder is doing M.Phil from Aiou, islamabad. 2nd is doing MBBS from Bannu Medical college, bannu(KPK) and i am also studying BS 1ST semester computer science from AIOU, ISLAMABAD. please give me some information about scholarahip Dear Sir.