Science Talent Farming Scheme / Scholarship for Matric Students
Scholarship means research, study and learn. Generally, it is termed as sponsorship for those who want to research, study and learn. There are many types of Scholarships which are offered by Government Departments, Agencies, Institutes, Universities, Colleges, NGOs and even by countries for Research Scholars. Main objective of such schemes is to develop a culture for research, study and learning.
In Pakistan, Pakistan Science Foundation (PSF) an autonomous organization of Ministry of Science & Technology is working for development in Science & Technology. Pakistan Science Foundation (PSF) is the apex body for promotion and funding of scientific and technological research and science popularization in the country. All the development in the modern era is based on the basic techniques of Science & Technology particularly in the subjects of Biology, Computer Science, Chemistry, Physics and Mathematics.
Pakistan Science Foundation (PSF) conceived a Development Project in 2015 titled as "Science Talent Farming Scheme (STFS)" with the aim to develop Scientific Culture for development of countries. Main objective is to locate and find talented students in subjects Biology, Computer Science, Chemistry, Physics and Mathematics for further studies from reputed local & foreign A-class colleges & Universities. For this purpose, PSF offers post matric scholarship for science students.
Here we shall discuss the complete process of selection of talented students for "Science Talent Farming Scheme (STFS)" Scholarship.
STFS Eligibility Criteria
- Students who have passed 10th class examination SSC/Matric in 2018 only from pure government-sector schools are eligible to apply.
- Students scoring minimum 60% over all marks and 70% marks in (4) Science subjects viz. Biology / Computer Sciences, Chemistry, Physics and Mathematics.
- Private, semi government or any other type of schools are not eligible as per rule/ police of STFS.
STFS Selection Criteria
- Initial Screening /short listing will be done of the basis of score as per eligibility criteria.
- Science Aptitude Test (written test)
- Paper based I.Q Test
- Interview / presentation of innovative ideas.
- Seats will be allocated as per federal government quota system.
- 30 seats are reserved for toppers of the BISEs exams, for which nominations will be called separately from their relevant boards.
Salient Facilities for STFS Students
- Monthly scholarship @Rs.10000/- per month.
- Study visits to S&T Organizations, Universities / Labs.
- Undertaking research projects form first year under the mentorship of university professors.
- Attested copy of result card of SSC or Matric to be attached
- Attested copy of CNIC/b-form.
- Attested copy of domicile (his/her own domicile is mandatory, however father's domicile is acceptable only to allow for the test).
- Two recent color photographs (passport size)
- Original paid copy of deposit slip.
Note: Application form with incomplete, wrong/false information will be rejected.
STFS Test Schedule
So far 4-batches (300 each) 1200 Students have been selected in the year 2015, 2016, 2017 & 2018. Advertisement for the STFS 2019 (5-batch) is expected soon as the result of 10th Class examination already announced. Updates will be uploaded as and when the date of STFS test is announced. Students are requested to keep visiting this site.
How to apply
- Download the application form from the website of STFS or concerned testing agency.
- Follow the instructions given in the application form.
- Submit it to testing agency through Courier or Registered post.
STFS Testing Agency
Pakistan Science Foundation hires a testing agency such as NTS, CTS or PTS for process of student's selection for "Science Talent Farming Scheme (STFS)" Scholarship.
- Attested copies of Matric / SSC result card, b-form and domicile certificate of the student or father's domicile must be attached.
- Proof of the pure Government school must be provided.