SMART Scholarship 2022 in USA | Fully Funded
New Zealander, Canadian, British (UK), Australian, American (US)
Undergraduate Degree, Post Graduate Degree, Graduate Degree
Applications are being accepted for the SMART Scholarship Program to enroll the STEM students interested to study in USA for the academic year 2022.
What is SMART Program?
The Science, Mathematics and Research for Transformation (SMART) is a Scholarship-for-Service-Program funded by the Department of Defense (DoD) USA. It is a combined educational and workforce development opportunity for STEM students to impart technical skills.
Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics (STEM) students interested in studying in United States can apply for Bachelors, Masters or PhD degree programs. SMART scholarship program is open for citizens of the United States, Australia, Canada, New Zealand and United Kingdom.
Disciplines offered by SMART
SMART offers scholarships for undergraduate, master's, and doctoral students who are currently pursuing a degree in one of the following 21 study fields:
- Aeronautical and Astronautical Engineering
- Biomedical Engineering
- Chemical Engineering
- Civil Engineering
- Cognitive, Neural, and Behavioral Sciences
- Computer and Computational Sciences and Computer Engineering
- Electrical Engineering
- Environmental Sciences
- Industrial and Systems Engineering
- Information Sciences
- Materials Science and Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Naval Architecture and Ocean Engineering
- Nuclear Engineering
- Operations Research
Benefits of SMART Scholarship 2022
Qualified students will be awarded full scholarship. Detail of financial and other benefits of SMART Scholarship 2022 in USA is as under:
- Full tuition, annual stipends, and book/ health allowances
- Annual stipends between $25,000 - $38,000 (depending on degree level)
- Internships with the Department of Defense
- Guaranteed employment with the Department of Defense upon degree completion
Who is Eligible?
To have this life-changing opportunity, the applicants must be:
- a citizen of the United States of America, Australia, Canada, New Zealand, or United Kingdom at time of application
- 18 years of age or older as of August 1, 2022
- requesting at least 1 year of degree funding prior to graduation (which starts at the program start date)
- able to complete at least one summer internship (multi-year scholars only)
- willing to accept post-graduation employment with the Department of Defense
- a student in good standing with a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale
- pursuing a technical undergraduate or graduate degree in one of the 21 STEM disciplines listed above
- able to produce a fall 2021 college transcript from a regionally accredited US college or university, OR be pursuing a graduate degree at a regionally accredited US college or university.
More eligibility detail can be reviewed at SMART Scholarship website.
Important to Know:
- Undergraduate applicant must be currently enrolled at a regionally accredited US college or university and be able to produce a fall 2021 (or earlier) college transcript at the end of the term. AP coursework is not considered college credit.
- Graduation applicant can be either currently enrolled in a regionally accredited US college or university or awaited notification of admission. If awaiting admission, the candidate must be accepted for entrance in the fall 2022 term.
- Scholarship is awarded for a minimum of 1 year and a maximum of 5 years of funding, depending on degree requirements.
- SMART is a one-for-one commitment; for every year of degree funding, the scholar commits to working for a year with the Department of Defense as a civilian employee.
Last Date to Apply
The application-window for SMART Scholarship opens August through December of every year. Eligible candidates can apply by 1st December at 05:00PM EST.
How to Apply
To apply for SMART Scholarship 2022 in the USA, aspirants need to register with official website of SMART Scholarship Program.