State Bank of Pakistan
Merit Scholarship Scheme 2018-19 to the Talented Students - State Bank of Pakistan
Post Graduate Degree, Intermediate, Graduate Degree
Last Date to Apply
State Bank of Pakistan (SBP) offers financial assistance by way of Merit Scholarship to the talented and meritorious children of its serving / retired / deceased employees (up to OG 2 level) who are pursuing their studies at Intermediate, Graduation and Post Graduation levels.
STATE BANK OF PAKISTAN
Merit Scholarship Scheme 2018-19
For the Children of SBP's Serving/ Retired/ Deceased Employees
Applications for grant of scholarships under the Merit Scholarship Scheme 2018-19 are invited from eligible candidates on the prescribed form.
Key Features of SBP Merit Scholarship 2018-19
- Basic Eligibility of Students: Children of all SBP employees (serving/ retired/ deceased), up to OG-2 level.
- Courses of Study: Intermediate, graduation, post-graduation and/or diplomas (of minimum 6 months' duration).
The award of scholarships for intermediate. graduation, post-graduation courses and diplomas will be considered for only those students who have taken admission in one of the Colleges/ Universities/ Degree Awarding Institutions/ Technical Training Institutes duly recognized by the relevant authority (HEC, BIEK, BISE, IBCC, NAVTCC, PEC, PMDC, TEVTA etc.)
Amount of Scholarship/Stipend per Month
- Intermediate = 5500/-
- Graduation = 7000/-
- Post-Graduation = 10,000/-
- Children of all SBP employees (serving/retired/deceased) up to OG-2 level who passed their last exams (Matriculation/ O-level/ Intermediate/ A-level/ Graduation) with minimum "B" grade or at least 60% marks are eligible.
- In case of grades mentioned in GPA/CGPA format. the candidate must provide certificate from the concerned institution stating the grading policy with GPA's corresponding percentages and minimum GPA requirements.
- Candidates who have passed examinations under the Cambridge International Examination system are required to attach the equivalence certificate from IBCC.
- The candidates must have secured admission in the recognized educational institutions during the calendar year 2017 or thereafter.
- Duration of the course must be mentioned clearly on the application form supported with documentary evidence from educational institution
- In case of a diploma its duration should be minimum 6 months.
- The students in receipt of scholarships from any other institution or the government are not eligible.
Admissibility / Withdrawal
- The scholarship will be granted to the candidates in order of merit in accordance with the prescribed quota for each course.
- Scholarships under this scheme cannot be claimed again for same level of course.
- Disbursement of scholarship for each subsequent year/semester will be subject to submission of progress report of the previous examination undertaken by the student.
- The scholarship will be withdrawn where student fail or do not appear in the examination.
Interested employees/ ex-employees of SBP up to OG-2 level or their spouses (in case of deceased employees) whose children meet the prescribed eligibility criteria may submit their applications to the Sr. Joint Director, Human Resources Department. State Bank of Pakistan, 1. I. Chundrigar Road, Karachi-74000, latest by March 25, 2019. Application Form may be downloaded by accessing the link http://www.sbp.org.pk/Scholarship/App-Forms-Merit-Scho.PDF or directly obtained from Education Expenses Unit, HRD (10th Floor), SBP. Karachi.
Closing Date: Last date to apply is 25-03-2019