Higher Education Commission (HEC)
HEC Postgraduate Scholarships for Students of Balochistan & Erstwhile FATA
Post Graduate Degree
Last Date to Apply
Postgraduate Scholarships for Students of Balochistan & Erstwhile FATA
Study in HEC-Recognised Pakistani Universities
Applications are invited from outstanding students of Balochistan and erstwhile FATA who intend to pursue postgraduate studies (MS/ MPhil Programme) from HEC-recognised local Universities/Degree Awarding Institutions (DAIs). The scholarships are being offered for the academic year 2019-20 in all areas of studies/disciplines under the project entitled "Provision of Higher Education Opportunities for Students of Balochistan and FATA (Phase-I1)".
- Applicants must possess Local/Domicile Certificate from Balochistan province/erstwhile FATA.
- Applicants must have completed 16 years of education with at least 60% marks.
- Maximum age is 35 years as on closing date.
- Applicants must have acquired the requisite academic qualification on or before the closing date.
- The applicants who are already availing any other HEC/Government scholarship are NOT eligible to apply.
- Applicants will have to meet HEC and University eligibility criteria for admission in MS/ MPhil programmes.
- Tuition Fee and other charges (including Hostel Fee) - maximum Rs. 60,000 per semester
- Living Allowance of Rs.9,000 per month with an annual increment of Rs.500 for 2"d year
- Book Allowance of Rs. 6,000 per annum
- Traveling Allowance of Rs.5,000 per annum
- Initial Settlement Allowance of Rs.10,000 once
- Scholarships will be awarded on merit and District/Agency Quota.
- Applicants will be shortlisted on the basis of Aptitude Test (conducted by HEC) and academic credentials.
- Applicants have to secure at least 50% marks in the test.
- The scholarship distribution ratio for students of Balochistan and FATA is 50:50.
- For further details, please visit http://hec.gov.pk/site/phobf
How to Apply
Applicants are required to submit application online through http://hec.gov.pk/site/phobf
- HEC reserves the right to postpone or cancel the scholarship process at any stage without assigning any reason.
- Application in hard form will not be entertained.
Last date for submission of online application form is Monday-August 5, 2019
The applicants are advised to check their emails as well as HEC website regularly for any updates and are required to apply well before the closing date to get assistance in case of any inconvenience