The System Specialist role is to provide quality support in the analysis, design, development, maintenance and modification of the Discover Qatar (DQ), QR Holidays (QRH) systems and auxiliary software services required to support the QRH and DQ business of Qatar Airways. The systems specialist will need to ensure that DQ/QRH systems associated project deliveries are met according to specification within timescales and to high quality standards.
Working closely with the Systems Manager and administrate the DQ and QRH systems, provide technical support DQ and QRH staff. To assist in the preparation of user and test plans, working in line with business requirements analysis and translating these into functional system specification.
- Work with Internal business units to understand the process, requirements in order to write IT specifications
- Understand existing reservation platforms to leverage and optimize solutions.
- Provide technical support while integrating external suppliers, services into reservation platforms.
- Coordinate with external solution vendors and external suppliers to fix technical issues on a case by case basis.
- Carry out 'user acceptance testing' for system enhancement, change request or new developments.
- Provide training on new system feature and enhancement and regular refresher training.
- Monitor the system support tasks and compete according to the KPI's, SLA's, SOP's and work instructions.
- Ensure new developments are delivered within agreed parameters, timelines and standards.
- Provide initial effort estimation, impact analysis, ensure the requirements are well defined and solutions are in line with the requirements in order to ensure fast and accurate solutions delivery.
It is essential applicants have a relevant College or University qualification to a minimum Bachelor's Degree level. Your Degree qualification must be across Information Technology, Computer Science, Computer Engineering or E-Commerce.
Applicants must have a minimum of 5 years relevant experience and have experience within a Tourism, Hospitality, Travel Industry environment as a Lead Developer, Engineer.
Note: you will be required to attach the following:
1. Resume / CV 2. Copy of Passport 3. Copy of Highest Educational Certificate
Unfortunately, the job you are looking for is closed.
Careermidway.com is an effort of lofty aspirants. We voluntarily bridge seekers with employers and other career building sources.