Are you needy cum talented student and want to improve education? Have you done your matriculation or higher degree leading to PhD? Have you taken admission in college or university on merit and unable to pursue your study due to financial constraints? If YES then a government-run organization "National Endowment Scholarships for Talent (NEST)" can help for your education.
About National Endowment Scholarships for Talent (NEST)
National Endowment Scholarships for Talent (NEST) is a 'Not for Profit' Company incorporated with the Securities and Exchange Commission of Pakistan (SECP) under Section-42 of the Companies' Ordinance 1984. NEST works under Government of Pakistan, Ministry of Planning, Development & Reform, Islamabad. The objective of the NEST is to provide scholarships to needy cum talented students, who do not have enough resources to continue their studies beyond Matric. These scholarships provide quality education opportunities to continue studies up to PhD level in Top Ranked Universities and Discipline.
NEST Scholarships / Student Loan
NEST offers scholarships and Qarz-e-Hasna for the following programs:
- Intermediate FA/ FSc
- MS/ MPhil/ PhD
- Qarz-e-Hasna / Students Loan Facility for Overseas Masters Programs
Apportionment of Scholarship
NEST awards scholarships with the following apportionment:
- Intermediate - 30%
- Graduation - 30%
- Masters - 25%
- PhD - 15%
- Special 5% quota for students of AJ&K, Gilgit Bultistan, FATA & ICT each
- 20% Provincial Quotas of each province
- 2% Quota will be observe for Disabled
Preference is given to students who secure admission in university of higher standing and their parents or guardian is lower income person.
Eligibility Criteria for Intermediate:
- Passed matriculation exams with at least 65% marks
- Secured admission on merit in Public /Private Sector College
- Unable to pursue study due to financial constraints
- Household income should not be more than Rs.45,000/- month
Eligibility Criteria for MS/ MPhil/ PhD:
The students must have:
- The applicant must be a Pakistani/AJK National
- High academic achievement
- Students must secure admission in the approved discipline at the participating institution as per admission policy of the institution and be enrolled in graduate (1.5 Years or 2 Years) and Doctoral (3.5 years) programs
- Only those students who are enrolled in first semester/professional year in the respective courses offered by the participating institutions are eligible to apply
- The eligibility of a candidate is linked to neediness of the candidate as determined by the financial background of his/her family.
- Applicant must be from Least Developed District of Pakistan.
- The age limit should not exceed from 35 years for MS/MPhil (18 years) and PhD programs.
- The applicant must have completed 16 years Bachelors/or equivalent Degree for application in MS/MPhil (Postgraduate Program).
- The applicant must have completed 18 years Degree/or equivalent for application in PhD Program.
- In case of final selection, candidate has to submit a bond agreement and will not be allowed to withdraw from the scholarship.
- Not availing any other educational scholarship during the current academic year
- 20 % Punjab 20% Baluchistan 20% Sindh 20 % KP 5 % ICT 5 % GB 5% AJK 5% FATA.
- Special 2 % overall quota for disable persons
Eligibility Criteria for Qarz-e-Hasna (Masters Program Overseas):
- Secured admission on merit in an outstanding well reputed high ranked International University
- Up to 30 years of age at the time of admission
- 3.5 CGPA in the last degree/examination and 3.0 CGPA only for Interior Sindh, FATA, GB, Balochistan
- The applicant is unable to pursue study due to financial constraints and have low family income
How to Apply:
If you meet the eligibility criteria and need to apply, you may do the following:
- Visit at www.nest.org.pk
- Click on Scholarships menu
- Find desired education level you want to apply for.
- Follow the Apply button or other instructions, if desired scholarship's apply-date is not expired yet.
- You may be asked to register online and require your personal & educational information and source of income.
- After collection of applications, NEST processes them and shortlists eligible candidates. To find shortlisted candidates, you may follow Shortlisting menu of the aforementioned website. Shortlisted candidates may be called for interview for further action.
National Endowment Scholarships for Talent (NEST), Government of Pakistan, Ministry of Planning, Development & Reform, 3rd Floor, Shalimar Plaza, Blue Area, Islamabad - Pakistan.
ABOUT THE AUTHOR: BINTEY ALI
Bintey Ali is a teacher in public sector institute. She has thrill of teaching and welfare.
Posted by Wajih Alam
Sir, I shall be grateful if you sponsor to my fee submission, because my father have a lower salary and single earning person I and my elder brother both are studding in Hamdard University, but due to financial crises we feel tension, if you help for the noble cause and humanity basis it will be moral support from the your good institute. Your kind attention and cooperation will be highly appreciated in this regards. Its my dream to get some better education, Inshallah