Deputy Accountant Jobs in Treasury Office | Exam, Salary and Career Scope
Finance Department is the most important department of any Organization as well as Government. Finance Department, Government of the Punjab has different tiers or attached departments. Treasury Office is one such attached department of Finance Department. In Punjab, offices of Treasury Officers do functions at each district in Punjab. It is headed by Chief Inspector Treasuries at province level.
Main Functions of the Treasury Office:
- Government Accounting & Reporting
- Public Service Benefits
- Cash Flow Management, Receipts & Payments
- Depository of Security
- Motor Vehicle Accidents Claims
Deputy Accountant Jobs Announcement
The Chief Inspector of Treasury, Punjab has requisitioned Punjab Public Service Commission (PPSC) to start the process for recruitment of candidates against the 154 posts of Deputy Accountant in Treasury Offices. PPSC is about to advertise these posts.
Qualification and other requirements for the posts of Deputy Accountant are as under:
Job Title: Deputy Accountant
Basic Pay Scale: 14
Minimum Qualification: Graduation (2nd Division) from a recognized university.
Age Limit: 18-25 Years plus general age relaxation.
Gender: Male, Female & Shemale.
Domicile: Punjab domiciled candidates are eligible to apply.
PPSC Exam Procedure
PPSC takes following steps to finalize the recruitment of Deputy Accountant:
- Usually PPSC conducts one paper comprising of 100 marks to shortlist the candidates.
- Shortlisted candidates are called for Interview.
- Finally PPSC sends its recommendations to the Treasury Office, Finance Department, Punjab in respect of qualified candidates.
How to Apply
PPSC will start getting online registration as and when the posts of Deputy Accountant are announced.
Syllabus of Deputy Accountant Exam
One paper comprises of English, General Knowledge, Everyday Science, Computer, Pak Studies, Islamiat and Basic Mathematics.
Job Description of Deputy Accountant
The job description of the Deputy Accountant is to keep the accounts of Treasury Office in line with the prescribed manner and keep check on any kind of irregularity. The main tasks of job are as under:
- Preparing financial documents such as invoices, bills, and accounts payable and receivable
- Completing purchase orders
- Managing payroll
- Completing financial reports on a regular basis and providing information to the finance team
- Assisting with budgets
- Completing bank reconciliations
- Entering financial information into appropriate software programs
- Managing company ledgers
- Processing business expenses
- Coordinating internal and external audits
- Verifying balances in account books and rectifying discrepancies
- Verifying bank deposits
- Managing day-to-day transactions
- Recording office expenditures and ensuring these expenses are within the set budget
- Assisting the finance department and senior accounting staff members with various tasks, including preparing budgets, records, and statements
- Posting daily receipts
- Preparing annual budgets
- Completing the year-end analysis
- Reporting on debtors and creditors
- Handling accruals and prepayments
- Managing monthly budgeting tasks
- Encoding accounting entries for data processing
- Sorting financial documents and posting them to the proper accounts
- Reviewing computer reports for accuracy and meticulously tracing errors back to their source
- Resolving errors in financial reports and correcting faulty reporting methods
Deputy Accountant Salary
A fresh Deputy Accountant with Basic Pay Scale-14 gets salary in accordance with Government Pay Scales 2017. Deputy Accountant usually gets salary nearly Rs. 30,000/- per month.
Career Scope / Promotion of Deputy Accountant
The post of Deputy Accountant is governed under Punjab Treasuries and Accounts Service Rules, 2006. Deputy Accountant (Basic Pay Scale-14) is eligible for promotion as Accountant in Basic Pay Scale-16 on seniority cum fitness basis and successful passing of departmental examination. Minimum length of service required for promotion is 05 years.
Further, an Accountant (Basic Pay Scale-16) is eligible for promotion as Deputy Treasury Officer / Deputy District Accounts Officer in Basic Pay Scale-17 upon successful passing of departmental examination prescribed on seniority cum fitness basis.
What is expected date for its vacancy announcement please?
Sir i am very agree with your given detail. This is very knowledgeable.i am really happy. Please share its preparation data.
Very good information. Thumbs up for this post.
Sir can you tell me...is there any job of deputy accountant in Khanewal division?
Ir is there any job of deputy accountant in Khanewal division for women?